Contribute
Register

New VoodooPS2Controller, Keyboard, Trackpad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allright!!!
Everything is fine, the numerical (extended) pad is working again, just a wrong handling.
And the three-fingers is running well too, I have a FrenchPC keyboard that's why it was hard to find the correct keys (Alt+^: swipe left and Alt+$ : swipe right)

The easy way to set those keys is to actually use the gestures when you are in keyboard prefs configuring the functions. The trackpad driver is actually generating keystrokes, so if the system asks you to press the keys for assignment, you just do the gesture. The system can't tell the difference between a gesture on the trackpad and a keystroke, because the gestures cause keystrokes.

I found a key to activate/deactivate the trackpad : Print Screen (next to F12). No more multi-keys!

There is a lot of information in the change log. You'll probably discover a few more goodies if you read it.
For example, you can also double tap the area where the LED is to enable/disable.

Next version will automatically disable the trackpad when a USB mouse is connected (if option in sysprefs is set).

Well done!
Thanks very much RehabMan, you're great.
Best regards.

Glad you like it.

Hey Rehabman, Any chance in getting a keyboard layout jpeg?
I'm unsure of all the buttons compared to a mac keyboard and the f key remaps.
I got the hang of a few of them and you did a great job!
Thanks for all your help, you rock

Hey Rehabman, Any chance in getting a keyboard layout jpeg?

I'm not sure what you're asking. jpeg is an image format. What does that have to do with keyboard layout?

I'm unsure of all the buttons compared to a mac keyboard and the f key remaps.
I got the hang of a few of them and you did a great job!
Thanks for all your help, you rock

Default fkeys are mapped based on the Probook 4530s fkeys, you can probably find a photo of the 4530s somewhere on the web, but I'm not sure as to why that would be necessary...

For RehabMan.
Some cosmetics for prefpane :)

Attachments

• VoodooPS2synapticsPane.zip
    36 KB · Views: 78
For RehabMan.
Some cosmetics for prefpane :)

What did you change?

Our stuff has diverged a bit over time. For example, my pane has two sliders for speed (X/Y). I cleaned up all the warnings that the xib was causing. There are a lot of diffs between my en.lproj/VoodooPS2synapticsPane.xib and yours, probably because I edited mine in xcode 4.5.2 to add the second slider and fix all those warnings. I can see that you changed a graphic or two, and perhaps added a graphic to the window somewhere.

Personally, I think this prefpane needs major work. There are a lot of things that don't make sense to change in there and some other stuff missing. And it is very difficult to tell exactly what you're changing the settings to (none of the sliders display the value that you're setting, for example). And each control needs to be reorganized so they are inside of containers (to make it easier to move controls around).

I'm just barely getting to know the cocoa part of this stuff and I've got other higher priorities (scroll momentum for sure), so it will be a while...

I'll see what I can do to take in your changes though. At least the icon is better... I think...

I'm not sure what you're asking. jpeg is an image format. What does that have to do with keyboard layout?

Default fkeys are mapped based on the Probook 4530s fkeys, you can probably find a photo of the 4530s somewhere on the web, but I'm not sure as to why that would be necessary...

Sorry, what I mean is the ctrl,fn,start,alt [spacebar] alt,menu,ctrl
For the other I was meaning for example: how you have the prt sc button as disable trackpad and f5 as mission control all those little bits.
I can manage without but it would be nice!

Sorry, what I mean is the ctrl,fn,start,alt [spacebar] alt,menu,ctrl
For the other I was meaning for example: how you have the prt sc button as disable trackpad and f5 as mission control all those little bits.
I can manage without but it would be nice!

I still don't understand what you're asking. At all.

What did you change?

Our stuff has diverged a bit over time. For example, my pane has two sliders for speed (X/Y). I cleaned up all the warnings that the xib was causing. There are a lot of diffs between my en.lproj/VoodooPS2synapticsPane.xib and yours, probably because I edited mine in xcode 4.5.2 to add the second slider and fix all those warnings. I can see that you changed a graphic or two, and perhaps added a graphic to the window somewhere.

Personally, I think this prefpane needs major work. There are a lot of things that don't make sense to change in there and some other stuff missing. And it is very difficult to tell exactly what you're changing the settings to (none of the sliders display the value that you're setting, for example). And each control needs to be reorganized so they are inside of containers (to make it easier to move controls around).

I'm just barely getting to know the cocoa part of this stuff and I've got other higher priorities (scroll momentum for sure), so it will be a while...

I'll see what I can do to take in your changes though. At least the icon is better... I think...

I mean the icon :))

I mean the icon :))

Have you checked this into your github repo? If you do, I'll take a look at it in xcode and see what I see...

I still don't understand what you're asking. At all.

Sorry! I'm going to attach a jpeg of what I think the layout is, I'm just not sure what the other top keys are!

Attachments

• New Layout.jpg
    New Layout.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 851
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back