Contribute
Register

New VoodooPS2Controller, Keyboard, Trackpad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope you can find a better way to integrate it.

Can you run the debug version and provide the startup debug info from Console.app?
I'd like to see if there is a way to detect these 'clickpad' devices and if it lines up with what the Synaptics spec says...

In particular the '2' for [0] bit 2, and the '3' for [3] bit 2. And the N (0 or 2) for [0] bit 1.
These are 'bits' -- they can hold only a 1 or 0.

Basically your clicking information is in LD (in original 6-byte wmode packet definition). I'll be checking the Synaptics docs to see if I can make sense of it. But I'd like to know what you mean above...

My apologies, I converted the packet information into octal instead of binary number (not clear in mind at the beginning...). You are right about my touchpad packet format. The correct format should be:
Code:
    // This is the packet on Sony synaptics
    // touchpad without L/R buttons
    //
    //      7  6  5  4  3  2  1  0
    //    -----------------------
    // [0]  1  0  0  W  0  0  0  0 
    // [1]
    // [2]
    // [3]  1  1  0  0  0  0  0  C  (C = 0 or 1 stands for clicking event on any position of touchpad)
    // [4] X7 X6 X5 X4 X3 X3 X1 X0
    // [5] Y7 Y6 Y5 Y4 Y3 Y2 Y1 Y0

I have attached a snapshot of the startup info.
View attachment Sony Synaptics startup log.tiff

Hi,
I am on 10.7.4 and I installed the VoodooPS2Controller.kext, after deleting the AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext and ApplePS2Controller.kext.
The two fingers gesture works like before the installation but no three fingers swipe and the numeric pad is gone too.
I checked in the "system.log" but no VoodooPS2SynapticsTouchPad loaded.
By the way is the Synaptics driver even trying to load? Check your console (system.log) output to see. You should see something like:

Code:
Oct 11 08:16:46 localhost kernel[0]: VoodooPS2SynapticsTouchPad loaded
Oct 11 08:16:46 localhost kernel[0]: VoodooPS2Trackpad: Synaptics TouchPad v7.5
Did I miss something?
I need help.
Thank you.

Hi,
I am on 10.7.4 and I installed the VoodooPS2Controller.kext, after deleting the AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext and ApplePS2Controller.kext.
The two fingers gesture works like before the installation but no three fingers swipe and the numeric pad is gone too.
I checked in the "system.log" but no VoodooPS2SynapticsTouchPad loaded.

Did I miss something?
I need help.
Thank you.

Try repair permissions & rebuild cache in Kext Wizard. Check your Console system.log to see that kernel cache is built ok.

Hey @yc_richard, I think we may have a similar trackpad (my touchpad area is overtop the physical buttons). My trackpad is the same way regarding no input from packet[0], and I had found the same solution: using packet[3] instead of [0] for left-click (I had posted about it here earlier).

Can you share your function for getting right-click to work? Or fork/upload your source code?

Does your drag n drop work? My works... like ****.

Hey birkley... I've been looking at yc_richard's changes and his startup debug output (which you should do .... please don't post an image though -- just select the lines from console and copy/paste)...

I'm also at the same time looking through the Synaptics spec to make sense of it all. They've got something in there about "Uniform ClickPad"... description reads "If this a Clickpad, this bit describes the mechanical depression method used by the module" 0-Hinged, 1=Uniform. Perhaps yours is a "hinged" variety where there is a right and left (hinge in the middle). I would guess that such a device would also report itself as a "two-button ClickPad" as opposed to yc_richard's "one-button ClickPad." (which is the "universal" variety). If so, it would make sense that strange things happen when transitioning from one side of the pad to the other when depressing the pad -- certainly you might expect to see a button transition (although I'm not sure why that would affect x/y coords).

There isn't a lot of discussion about the "ClickPad" touchpads in the Synaptics docs that I have... just a few mentions in the "Continued Capabilities" section.

Try repair permissions & rebuild cache in Kext Wizard. Check your Console system.log to see that kernel cache is built ok.

I already did that and this is what I found in the "kernel.log" :

Jan 9 17:24:57 localhost kernel[0]: VoodooPS2SynapticsTouchPad Version 1.7.7 loaded...
Jan 9 17:24:57 localhost kernel[0]: VoodooPS2Mouse Version 1.7.7 loaded...
Jan 9 17:24:57 localhost kernel[0]: No interval found for . Using 8000000
Jan 9 17:24:57 localhost kernel[0]: VoodooPS2Trackpad starting: Synaptics TouchPad reports type 0x47, version 7.5

and still nothing in the "system.log".

I already did that and this is what I found in the "kernel.log" :

Jan 9 17:24:57 localhost kernel[0]: VoodooPS2SynapticsTouchPad Version 1.7.7 loaded...
Jan 9 17:24:57 localhost kernel[0]: VoodooPS2Mouse Version 1.7.7 loaded...
Jan 9 17:24:57 localhost kernel[0]: No interval found for . Using 8000000
Jan 9 17:24:57 localhost kernel[0]: VoodooPS2Trackpad starting: Synaptics TouchPad reports type 0x47, version 7.5

and still nothing in the "system.log".

It is probably kernel.log in Lion. system.log in ML. The Console.app is something Apple likes to change without reason.

Sounds like it is getting loaded... so now, what do you mean by "numeric pad is gone?" And did you configure three-finger to do what you want in System Prefs -> Keyboard? All my driver does is send keystrokes -- it is up to you to map them to functions.

Can you attach version 1.7.8 binary kext. Thanks.

Can you attach version 1.7.8 binary kext. Thanks.

It is in closed beta right now. If you want it now, of course, you can build it yourself with xcode...

Allright!!!
Everything is fine, the numerical (extended) pad is working again, just a wrong handling.
And the three-fingers is running well too, I have a FrenchPC keyboard that's why it was hard to find the correct keys (Alt+^: swipe left and Alt+$ : swipe right)
I found a key to activate/deactivate the trackpad : Print Screen (next to F12). No more multi-keys!
Well done!
Thanks very much RehabMan, you're great.
Best regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back