Contribute
Register

New VoodooPS2Controller, Keyboard, Trackpad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you explain more ?
On my Acer 4830T laptop, I have been using your ps2controller for a while.
None of the gestures have worked (e.g. pinch-zoom, etc).
So how does keyboard shortcuts help with gestures ?
Oh BTW, I successfully upgrade from 10.11.6 to 10.12.3 and using your ps2 controller 1.8.25

Pinch-zoom is not implemented.
Three finger swipes are mapped to specific key presses. Hence configuration in SysPrefs->Keyboard->Shortcuts.

Pinch-zoom is not implemented.
Three finger swipes are mapped to specific key presses. Hence configuration in SysPrefs->Keyboard->Shortcuts.
I see what you have written but do not understand what it means (sorry if that sounds dumb).
In the SysPrefs->Keyboard->Shortcuts, I see :

screen-shot-2017-01-29-at-16-56-47-png.233320

For example, where & how do you add 3-finger swipe ?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-29 at 16.56.47.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-29 at 16.56.47.png
    75.1 KB · Views: 467
I see what you have written but do not understand what it means (sorry if that sounds dumb).
In the SysPrefs->Keyboard->Shortcuts, I see :

screen-shot-2017-01-29-at-16-56-47-png.233320

For example, where & how do you add 3-finger swipe ?

Select the function you want to assign to the 3-finger swipe. You will be prompted to type a key combo. Do the swipe instead.

Select the function you want to assign to the 3-finger swipe. You will be prompted to type a key combo. Do the swipe instead.
Got it. Thx.

Hi, I installed VoodooPS2 in Sierra 12.2 and everything is working okay, except that I also have 'no trackpad found' in sysprefs->trackpad. I have tried most of the newer MacBook Pro SMBIOS. This is also on a first/fresh install. Any ideas?

If anyone else is having this issue after following Rehabman's guide explicitly, I was able to resolve it by using a trackpad.prefpane from a previous version of OSX. Just paste on top of the one you have in System/Library/PreferencePanes and your sysprefs->trackpad will no longer show 'no trackpad found'

If anyone else is having this issue after following Rehabman's guide explicitly, I was able to resolve it by using a trackpad.prefpane from a previous version of OSX. Just paste on top of the one you have in System/Library/PreferencePanes and your sysprefs->trackpad will no longer show 'no trackpad found'

Not recommended. Changes saved there will not survive a restart...

Not recommended. Changes saved there will not survive a restart...

I saved my original file and put it back in System/Library/PreferencePanes after removing the new one....preference pane still works. It's an odd fix, but it worked for me after trying everything else (multiple reinstalls, SMBIOS, etc.)

I saved my original file and put it back in System/Library/PreferencePanes after removing the new one....preference pane still works. It's an odd fix, but it worked for me after trying everything else (multiple reinstalls, SMBIOS, etc.)

Are you saying that temporarily using the old one made the new one work?

Are you saying that temporarily using the old one made the new one work?

yes. After reading what you said I tried putting my native file back to see what would happen, repaired permissions, rebooted and now it works fine. Very strange.

yes. After reading what you said I tried putting my native file back to see what would happen, repaired permissions, rebooted and now it works fine. Very strange.

Mystery indeed... Maybe the files were damaged before...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back