Contribute
Register

New VoodooPS2Controller, Keyboard, Trackpad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried both of those with same result. I followed your clover laptop guide exactly and configuring Voodoo in the prefpane was the first thing I tried to do afterwards. Am I missing something, or is this just a strange bug a few people are experiencing?

No idea what you mean by "configuring Voodoo in the prefpane"... sounds like you did something you shouldn't have.

No idea what you mean by "configuring Voodoo in the prefpane"... sounds like you did something you shouldn't have.

I meant just trying to change the settings. The trackpad/gestures work but tracking is slow - but I can't adjust settings in sysprefs->trackpad because my system doesn't recognize it.

Last edited:
I meant just trying to change the settings. The trackpad/gestures work but tracking is slow - but I can't adjust settings in sysprefs->trackpad because my system doesn't recognize it.

Fresh install.

This did not work for me, can you tell me what settings in the trackpad plist will affect tracking speed?

It is not available in the Info.plist. It is set by the system from the trackpad prefpane.

You should probably spend some more time investigating why it is not working (SMBIOS, other configuration data?).
Because the problem you have is relatively unique.

Hello RehabMan
I have been using your ps2 kext from you for quite some time. It performs really well on my hack and my keyboard. Thank you for providing such an amazing fix.
However, the keyboard caps lock cannot be used to change the input language though. I checked the box in System preferences>Keyboard>Input Sources but it would not work as it should and the caps lock continues to operate as uppercase/lowercase switcher. Bluetooth keyboard and usb keyboard can use this feature. Is there a fix to this or it is a hardware issue and cannot be fixed?

My system is:
i5-6500
GA-HA170-GAMING 3
Conpaq KB9965 PS/2 keyboard

Hello RehabMan
I have been using your ps2 kext from you for quite some time. It performs really well on my hack and my keyboard. Thank you for providing such an amazing fix.
However, the keyboard caps lock cannot be used to change the input language though. I checked the box in System preferences>Keyboard>Input Sources but it would not work as it should and the caps lock continues to operate as uppercase/lowercase switcher. Bluetooth keyboard and usb keyboard can use this feature. Is there a fix to this or it is a hardware issue and cannot be fixed?

My system is:
i5-6500
GA-HA170-GAMING 3
Conpaq KB9965 PS/2 keyboard

What version of OS X/macOS?

My bad, Sierra 10.12.2

Capslock has special handling in 10.12.x. It is a bug work around (the key has to be sent twice). As a result, you can't map it to other things.

If you want to remap that key, you have to do a "Custom ADB Map". It can be done with an add-on SSDT. Refer to the example in my u430 project.

Not all gestures in the prefpane are supported.
You will need to be specific with your questions.
For example, 3-finger swipes are supported but do not pay attention to the setting in SysPrefs->Trackpad.
You must map the keys the 3-finger swipes generate in SysPrefs->Keyboard->Shortcuts.

Can you explain more ?
On my Acer 4830T laptop, I have been using your ps2controller for a while.
None of the gestures have worked (e.g. pinch-zoom, etc).
So how does keyboard shortcuts help with gestures ?
Oh BTW, I successfully upgrade from 10.11.6 to 10.12.3 and using your ps2 controller 1.8.25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back