Contribute
Register

New VoodooPS2Controller, Keyboard, Trackpad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use the debug version to see the key translations as you press the keys.
Sorry for the late reply; having midterms lately.

Both brightness keys maps to key "65=6b" in log. How can I fix this?

Hi RehabMan

Thanks for this driver. For what it is worth, I was on the 1.8.11 version of VoodooPS2Controller.kext and once in a while the trackpad wasn't working after a fresh start or after waking up from sleep. Never had any issues with the keyboard though. The issue with the trackpad could always be solved by going into the Accessibility settings in the Sys Pref and toggle the mouse & trackpad option: "Ignore built-in trackpad when mouse or wireless trackpad is present" . It didn't matter if it was turned on or off. Just a toggle was enough.

I installed the 1.8.14 version and will see how that goes. (I didn't see an explicit mention of a fix of this issue in the changelog so I thought I just posted my observation here in case I still have the issue on 1.8.14 and am lazy enough to go on and just use the above mention workaround without bothering anymore :) )

I don't have a probook and I'm rocking Yosemite 10.10.2

Hi RehabMan

Thanks for this driver. For what it is worth, I was on the 1.8.11 version of VoodooPS2Controller.kext and once in a while the trackpad wasn't working after a fresh start or after waking up from sleep. Never had any issues with the keyboard though. The issue with the trackpad could always be solved by going into the Accessibility settings in the Sys Pref and toggle the mouse & trackpad option: "Ignore built-in trackpad when mouse or wireless trackpad is present" . It didn't matter if it was turned on or off. Just a toggle was enough.

I installed the 1.8.14 version and will see how that goes. (I didn't see an explicit mention of a fix of this issue in the changelog so I thought I just posted my observation here in case I still have the issue on 1.8.14 and am lazy enough to go on and just use the above mention workaround without bothering anymore :) )

I don't have a probook and I'm rocking Yosemite 10.10.2

Probably you have something strange going on with your USB ports...

You should install the debug VooodoPS2Daemon and look at ioreg (MouseCount) and the VoodooPS2Daemon log (from Console.app).

The daemon is responsible for catching USB notifications and determining whether there is a mouse plugged in or not.

Probably you have something strange going on with your USB ports...

You should install the debug VooodoPS2Daemon and look at ioreg (MouseCount) and the VoodooPS2Daemon log (from Console.app).

The daemon is responsible for catching USB notifications and determining whether there is a mouse plugged in or not.

Thanks, will look at it. (1.8.14 is having the same issues for me).
BTW appreciate it very much what you are doing for the Hackintosh community.

Thanks, will look at it. (1.8.14 is having the same issues for me).
BTW appreciate it very much what you are doing for the Hackintosh community.

Note that if you remove the VoodooPS2Daemon, it will disable this feature and that could also be a valid way to test (although you'll lose the capability to automatically disable the trackpad when a mouse is connected).

Hi
I am new to the hackintosh scene.
I have a hp dv4-3016tx laptop which runs the Yosmite hackintosh.
I have synaptics touchpad in my laptop.
How can I make the gestures and everything else in touchpad work?
Also, How to get the brightness keys working in keyboard?

I have read the first few pages of this thread. I am not sure if they apply to my case and how to compile to get kext?

Hi
I am new to the hackintosh scene.
I have a hp dv4-3016tx laptop which runs the Yosmite hackintosh.
I have synaptics touchpad in my laptop.
How can I make the gestures and everything else in touchpad work?
Also, How to get the brightness keys working in keyboard?

I have read the first few pages of this thread. I am not sure if they apply to my case and how to compile to get kext?

Synaptics: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller. Read the entire README...

Backlight control: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...ching-dsdt-ssdt-laptop-backlight-control.html

i followed this guide https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller/wiki/How-to-Install
I skipped the part involving info.plist since I am not using probook.
I don't see any changes in my touchpad behaviour or any settings to configure it.

What am I supposed to do next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back