Contribute
Register

New VoodooPS2Controller, Keyboard, Trackpad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot to mention that I've noticed the issue only with wireless mouses (my both are wireless), haven't seen such behavior with any wired one.

What do you mean by "wireless mouse". Most wireless mice use a USB dongle and thus look just like wired USB mice. Are you talking about a bluetooth mouse?

All my tests are with a USB wireless mouse (Microsoft Arc Mouse).

What do you mean by "wireless mouse". Most wireless mice use a USB dongle and thus look just like wired USB mice. Are you talking about a bluetooth mouse?

All my tests are with a USB wireless mouse (Microsoft Arc Mouse).

No, no BT mouse, an ordinary wireless mouse with USB dongle, just like you have written it. My mouses are Dell Wireless Optical Mouse WM112 and Logitech M185 Wireless Mouse.

Edit:
Just made several tests. Connected an ordinary wired mouse and made several reboots. The pad was disabled in 10 of 10 cases, however I've noticed something really strange: when disconnected the wired mouse and connected one of my mouses, the daemon didn't turn the pad off and turned it off, when I disconnected and then connected again my mouse. That happened with both my mice.

Edit 2:
After another EC reset, the above doesn't happen anymore. Weird...

Edit 3:
Restored the original VoodooPS2Daemon launch script (without the delay) and made some tests. More that 10 reboot, the pad is being disabled in all cases so far... It seems the EC controller is playing tricks on me.

Edit 4:
I'm not sure about the EC controller... I've noticed the USB ports are being powered up not immediately, but a second or two after the loading of the kernel cache has been started. Seems like a race condition that doesn't occur on every boot.

Your install is somewhat screwed up. smbios data is invalid. You should probably start over and follow the ProBook guide. What ProBook/EliteBook do you have, BTW?

I haven't found any AIO / DIY Synaptics guide. Is there a general guide for Synaptics PS/2 that I could follow or a way to debug the driver? I suppose that I could drill down to the real issue with these drivers. Your sources and branch is the most up-to-date version of these trackpad drivers so I thought that this is the best bet.

The hardware is Panasonic Toughbook CF-C2 and there is no information on this model so I thought that HP Elitebook/Probook come close.

Thanks - I will check SMBIOS and reinstall. I installed the Yosemite GM with the same settings as in the previous post's zip file (MacBookAir5,2)

I haven't found any AIO / DIY Synaptics guide. Is there a general guide for Synaptics PS/2 that I could follow or a way to debug the driver? I suppose that I could drill down to the real issue with these drivers. Your sources and branch is the most up-to-date version of these trackpad drivers so I thought that this is the best bet.

The hardware is Panasonic Toughbook CF-C2 and there is no information on this model so I thought that HP Elitebook/Probook come close.

Thanks - I will check SMBIOS and reinstall. I installed the Yosemite GM with the same settings as in the previous post's zip file (MacBookAir5,2)

Your model name in smbios is set to the board-id instead of model name... It is plain to see in the ioreg.

This forum is for ProBook/EliteBook only.

You should check that you installed the kext correctly...

Your trackpad has an older firmware than the ProBooks (7.2 vs. 7.5). May be an issue.

You can see the ps2 port is not working well: "ApplePS2Controller: Timed out on mouse input stream. "

After i had installed BTFirmwareUploader.kext(for AR5B195), all my problems with trackpad have been resolve

Code:
Nov  9 00:29:26 localhost kernel[0]: VoodooPS2SynapticsTouchPad Version 1.8.13 loaded...
Nov  9 00:29:26 localhost kernel[0]: VoodooPS2Mouse Version 1.8.13 loaded...
Nov  9 00:29:26 localhost kernel[0]: VoodooPS2Trackpad starting: Synaptics TouchPad reports type 0x47, version 7.2
Nov  9 20:23:19 localhost kernel[0]: VoodooPS2SynapticsTouchPad Version 1.8.13 loaded...
Nov  9 20:23:19 localhost kernel[0]: VoodooPS2Mouse Version 1.8.13 loaded...
Nov  9 20:23:19 localhost kernel[0]: VoodooPS2Trackpad starting: Synaptics TouchPad reports type 0x47, version 7.2

looks like a conflict issue...
Tks

After i had installed BTFirmwareUploader.kext(for AR5B195), all my problems with trackpad have been resolve

Code:
Nov  9 00:29:26 localhost kernel[0]: VoodooPS2SynapticsTouchPad Version 1.8.13 loaded...
Nov  9 00:29:26 localhost kernel[0]: VoodooPS2Mouse Version 1.8.13 loaded...
Nov  9 00:29:26 localhost kernel[0]: VoodooPS2Trackpad starting: Synaptics TouchPad reports type 0x47, version 7.2
Nov  9 20:23:19 localhost kernel[0]: VoodooPS2SynapticsTouchPad Version 1.8.13 loaded...
Nov  9 20:23:19 localhost kernel[0]: VoodooPS2Mouse Version 1.8.13 loaded...
Nov  9 20:23:19 localhost kernel[0]: VoodooPS2Trackpad starting: Synaptics TouchPad reports type 0x47, version 7.2

looks like a conflict issue...
Tks

Probably installing the kext just forced a cache rebuild...

works for several days...now stops again..sorry. I tried rebuild caches a lot of times and never resolves..

Strangely i never had this issue with chimera bootloader, just now with clover.

works for several days...now stops again..sorry. I tried rebuild caches a lot of times and never resolves..

Strangely i never had this issue with chimera bootloader, just now with clover.

Do EC reset.

Do EC reset.
Also had tried, and don´t resolve. After i install MacOS on this laptop, my power button never more works perfectly. Sometimes turn on at the first press, sometimes i have to press several times, press and hold....
tks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back