Status
Not open for further replies.
Boot with "-f". Then in Terminal:
Code:
bdmesg|grep -y ps2

This is what I get:

Code:
35:666  0:003    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.9\VoodooPS2Controller.kext
35:668  0:001    Extra PlugIn kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.9\VoodooPS2Controller.kext\Contents\PlugIns\VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext
35:672  0:004    Extra PlugIn kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.9\VoodooPS2Controller.kext\Contents\PlugIns\VoodooPS2Mouse.kext
35:674  0:002    Extra PlugIn kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.9\VoodooPS2Controller.kext\Contents\PlugIns\VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext

Though, my real problem is I can't edit the keyboard shortcuts with trackpad swipes. Am I missing something here?

This is what I get:

Code:
35:666  0:003    Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.9\VoodooPS2Controller.kext
35:668  0:001    Extra PlugIn kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.9\VoodooPS2Controller.kext\Contents\PlugIns\VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext
35:672  0:004    Extra PlugIn kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.9\VoodooPS2Controller.kext\Contents\PlugIns\VoodooPS2Mouse.kext
35:674  0:002    Extra PlugIn kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.9\VoodooPS2Controller.kext\Contents\PlugIns\VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext

Though, my real problem is I can't edit the keyboard shortcuts with trackpad swipes. Am I missing something here?

Do you have VoodooPS2Controller both in EFI/Clover/kexts/10.9 and in /S/L/E?

Only three finger swipes generate key codes.

Do you have VoodooPS2Controller both in EFI/Clover/kexts/10.9 and in /S/L/E?

Only three finger swipes generate key codes.

I do have VoodooPS2Controller in EFI/Clover/kexts/10.9 but not in /S/L/E. I got the three finger swipe to register by touching the touchpad differently. Is VoodooPS2Controller necessary in /S/L/E?

Also, is there a way to adjust the sensitivity of the trackpad for threeswipe features? While trying to move left or right a space its hard to trigger it at times with three fingers. It appears much easier for people using real Macbooks.

I do have VoodooPS2Controller in EFI/Clover/kexts/10.9 but not in /S/L/E. I got the three finger swipe to register by touching the touchpad differently. Is VoodooPS2Controller necessary in /S/L/E?

It is not necessary in /S/L/E if you have it in kexts/10.9. But you should probably check that your cache rebuild is clean.

Also, is there a way to adjust the sensitivity of the trackpad for threeswipe features? While trying to move left or right a space its hard to trigger it at times with three fingers. It appears much easier for people using real Macbooks.

It is not a real MacBook trackpad...

Hi RehabMan,

I have this issue on my Dell Inspiron N7010 when the trackpad suddenly stops working. I noticed it usually happens after I type something on the keyboard and then return to the trackpad. I'm always forced to restart the laptop by pressing the power button, but is there a way to somehow reset the trackpad driver without restarting the laptop?

Thanks

Hi RehabMan,

I have this issue on my Dell Inspiron N7010 when the trackpad suddenly stops working. I noticed it usually happens after I type something on the keyboard and then return to the trackpad. I'm always forced to restart the laptop by pressing the power button, but is there a way to somehow reset the trackpad driver without restarting the laptop?

Thanks

Did you try sleep?

And make sure you have it installed correctly...

It won't wake up from sleep properly - I couldn't fix that no matter how hard I'd tried...
I'm sure it was installed correctly, following your readme.
The trackpad issue doesn't occur very often, say once a day or something, apart from that trackpad works like a charm. Now I catch myself trying to scroll with two fingers on a windows laptop all the time. :)

It won't wake up from sleep properly - I couldn't fix that no matter how hard I'd tried...
I'm sure it was installed correctly, following your readme.
The trackpad issue doesn't occur very often, say once a day or something, apart from that trackpad works like a charm. Now I catch myself trying to scroll with two fingers on a windows laptop all the time. :)

You should probably work on fixing sleep...

Boot "-f" and post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

Also, look at system.log when you see the problem to determine if it is the same issue as described here: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller/issues/10

You should probably work on fixing sleep...

Boot "-f" and post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

Also, look at system.log when you see the problem to determine if it is the same issue as described here: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller/issues/10

I'd spent so much time/effort trying to make wake from sleep work - to no avail, then I run out of ideas and gave up hope... I made everything else work in my laptop - but not wake.

Ioreg attached. Trackpad just stopped working again, I've checked system.log, but the only related entries I've found were as follows:

Jul 29 22:59:00 localhost kernel[0] <Debug>: VoodooPS2SynapticsTouchPad Version 1.8.12 loaded...
Jul 29 22:59:00 localhost kernel[0] <Debug>: VoodooPS2Mouse Version 1.8.12 loaded...
Jul 29 22:59:00 localhost kernel[0] <Debug>: VoodooPS2Trackpad starting: Synaptics TouchPad reports type 0x47, version 7.4

VoodooPS2Daemon.log is empty.

View attachment DELL-HACKINTOSH.ioreg.zip

I'd spent so much time/effort trying to make wake from sleep work - to no avail, then I run out of ideas and gave up hope... I made everything else work in my laptop - but not wake.

Ioreg attached. Trackpad just stopped working again, I've checked system.log, but the only related entries I've found were as follows:

Jul 29 22:59:00 localhost kernel[0] <Debug>: VoodooPS2SynapticsTouchPad Version 1.8.12 loaded...
Jul 29 22:59:00 localhost kernel[0] <Debug>: VoodooPS2Mouse Version 1.8.12 loaded...
Jul 29 22:59:00 localhost kernel[0] <Debug>: VoodooPS2Trackpad starting: Synaptics TouchPad reports type 0x47, version 7.4

VoodooPS2Daemon.log is empty.

View attachment 100191

ioreg is corrupt. Please follow the instructions carefully and exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back