Contribute
Register

New VoodooPS2Controller, Keyboard, Trackpad (ClickPad support)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm actually relying on it being unchecked, as the mode I was trying to fix is the *special mode* .. which doesn't require Fn press.

Seems like it fixed it though .. Since I no longer need to run the original EC queries, because I've transplanted everything needed for NVRAM preservation (not really, but it's needed for BIOS init) into SAVE, I got rid of RKA1 and RKA2 and mapped F4 and F5 to regular e005 and e006 scancodes. I have restarted at least 4 times now and it does work as expected. So something about calling the ADB codes directly was off. I see you are doing it on your U430 though, so I'm definitely puzzled regardless..

On my u430, I'm not calling the original EC query code. It does nothing useful for me.

I meant that you are mapping adb 90 and 91 to RKAs in order to turn on display if it's off.

P.S. After another restart even with the buttons remapped it has stopped working again :| I'm lost.

I meant that you are mapping adb 90 and 91 to RKAs in order to turn on display if it's off.

Yes, but that is not likely to have side effects like calling OEM methods originally attached to the EC queries (those methods usually do lots of things... including Notify(IGPU...). It is all code I custom wrote (does simple EC writes).

Well, I'm now writing just the required register directly to allow BIOS to recover the levels. I'm genuinely curious though as to why it works at the login screen at all times and then randomly doesn't when I'm logged in. It this seriously an OSX bug? If so, how come it's so random ...

Well, I'm now writing just the required register directly to allow BIOS to recover the levels. I'm genuinely curious though as to why it works at the login screen at all times and then randomly doesn't when I'm logged in. It this seriously an OSX bug? If so, how come it's so random ...

I can't reproduce any problems here. Seems as if it is likely something you're doing.

The only OS X bug I know of is the "Use all F1, F2.." option with regard to the login screen.

WOW. You can't even imagine the BS behind this problem :D
It's the apple bluetooth keyboard that does this kind of crap. If you have the keyboard connected (my Dekstop was off for the past couple of days, so the keyboard was connecting to laptop because it's pared here too when I have it on a stand) -- it prevents the laptop keyboard from continuously repeating the adb code. My keyboard just died and I went to charge the batteries. Hey, brightness keys are back to normal. Stuck in new pair of batteries, turned it on .. and there we have it - not working.

On a positive side of things I had a chance to re-write ACPI, which I otherwise wouldn't even bother doing.

WOW. You can't even imagine the BS behind this problem :D
It's the apple bluetooth keyboard that does this kind of crap. If you have the keyboard connected (my Dekstop was off for the past couple of days, so the keyboard was connecting to laptop because it's pared here too when I have it on a stand) -- it prevents the laptop keyboard from continuously repeating the adb code. My keyboard just died and I went to charge the batteries. Hey, brightness keys are back to normal. Stuck in new pair of batteries, turned it on .. and there we have it - not working.

So it is likely a bug in the OS X input system, or the BT keyboard sending spurious events. Any key event cancels auto-repeat (even if the repeating key is still held down).

On a positive side of things I had a chance to re-write ACPI, which I otherwise wouldn't even bother doing.

And you tested PNLF.SAVE functionality for me... :)

So it is likely a bug in the OS X input system, or the BT keyboard sending spurious events. Any key event cancels auto-repeat (even if the repeating key is still held down).
And you tested PNLF.SAVE functionality for me... :)
I think it does indeed send something .. just not sure what the mechanism is. I had just checked the setting in Keyboard preferences to "Use F keys as standard function keys" an upon adjusting both sound and brightness they change by two bars at a time, so the BT keyboard interferes on NX events somehow.

Well, yeah -- win-win here. My pleasure and thanks for your time!

I was reversing pesky EC behavior for my touchpad LED, which resulted in an iffy solution. EC enables the LED way too fast, so the RKA1 that does the Not on the current value falls behind and I can see the LED flashing rapidly when I want to access F3 through Fn+F3 having the keys swapped. Is that the same with your screen panel for F9 access through Fn+F9?

Anyway, what I'm here for is that while looking at the profile for your U430 I think I found a typo:
37b5c430f2.png

In custom ADB map it says e0f9 instead of e0f2 for your F9 access when in Special Mode.

Anyway, what I'm here for is that while looking at the profile for your U430 I think I found a typo:
37b5c430f2.png

That ADB entry probably just shouldn't be there anymore (a remnant of earlier work). I believe it is not doing anything, but I'd have to test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back