Contribute
Register

New VoodooPS2Controller, Keyboard, Trackpad (ClickPad support)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damned... good to know... so... the trackpad kext is the one that is needed for the trackpoint? Hm... any hint for what i could search in the logs?

Yes... Trackpad kext handles all PS2 mouse input. On a dual pointing device with both trackpad and trackpoint, that would include both devices (they both send PS2 input as mouse PS2).

My driver does not support the trackpoint very well... and I have no trackpoint hardware to test/debug it.
Full source is available, so you can use it to determine what is wrong and make the appropriate changes to correct it.

I was searching in the logs and in the net, but to be honest... i don't believe i found something interesting.....

There is only one thing that looks interesting, but i can't decide if im right or wrong.....

In the attached file i have copied a part of the log. One thing seems to be interesting....

Standard 01:27:54.493229 +0100 kextd kext signature failure override allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext "/Library/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext"

Standard 01:27:54.506005 +0100 kernel Notice - new kext com.apple.iokit.IOHIDSystem, v2.0 matches prelinked kext but can't determine if executables are the same (no UUIDs).

Is it possible that this message helps to find the problem?

Update: But to be honest: It is totally ok yet.. the trackpoint is working most of the time. So i have to say: thanks for the kext.

Attachments

• PrelinkedKext.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
hello again,
i am trying the RehabMan-Voodoo-2016-1208.zip
on a synaptics touchpad on asus x305f with sierra 10.12.2 but the trackpad is working as a mouse and no trackpad is detected in the control panel. shall i change some configuration to be able to have full trackpad support with gestures?

hello again,
i am trying the RehabMan-Voodoo-2016-1208.zip
on a synaptics touchpad on asus x305f with sierra 10.12.2 but the trackpad is working as a mouse and no trackpad is detected in the control panel. shall i change some configuration to be able to have full trackpad support with gestures?

It is likely your trackpad is NOT Synaptics.

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Dear RehabMan,
First thanks for fixing the caps lock issue with sierra but i have the same case as the ruck and i'm sure that my touchpad is synaptics you can check the ioreg or the laptop model online also to be 100% sure.
Kindest Regards

Attachments

• EliteBook 8440p IOReg.zip
    548.5 KB · Views: 101
Dear RehabMan,
First thanks for fixing the caps lock issue with sierra but i have the same case as the ruck and i'm sure that my touchpad is synaptics you can check the ioreg or the laptop model online also to be 100% sure.
Kindest Regards

Might be a problem with your SMBIOS choice.
According to ioreg, trackpad is correctly identified as Synapics PS2.

Is anyone else getting very slow scroll on sierra? (with latest precise scroll fixes and new prefpane).

I fixed it by reducing multi finger scroll divisor from 13 to 5, which works but makes inertia deceleration a bit ugly.

Haven't seen anyone complaining!!

Is anyone else getting very slow scroll on sierra? (with latest precise scroll fixes and new prefpane).

I fixed it by reducing multi finger scroll divisor from 13 to 5, which works but makes inertia deceleration a bit ugly.

Haven't seen anyone complaining!!

Check your scroll settings. SysPrefs->Accessibility.

Hello, wondering if I could get a point in the right direction.
I have discovered my laptop wakes properley with FixOwnership under USB in clover.
But it causes my (otherwise perfect) PS2 keyboard and trackpad to stop working until sleep/wake. (trackpad only 20% of the time, shows as generic PS2 mouse.)
Any ideas?
Thanks heaps :)

Hello, wondering if I could get a point in the right direction.
I have discovered my laptop wakes properley with FixOwnership under USB in clover.
But it causes my (otherwise perfect) PS2 keyboard and trackpad to stop working until sleep/wake. (trackpad only 20% of the time, shows as generic PS2 mouse.)
Any ideas?
Thanks heaps :)

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back