Contribute
Register

New VoodooPS2Controller, Keyboard, Trackpad (ClickPad support)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so what should i do to make those keys breakless-less?

Enter them in "Breakless PS2". Refer to the examples already in the Info.plist.

And by the way, there are several platform included in the plist. How to check which platform is loaded?

It is unlikely you have the necessary DSDT patch to select a specific profile. So... you're using 'Default'.

Enter them in "Breakless PS2". Refer to the examples already in the Info.plist.

It is unlikely you have the necessary DSDT patch to select a specific profile. So... you're using 'Default'.

Aahh.... So thats the problem, i was editing the wrong section
Now it works, thanks :)

Aahh.... So thats the problem, i was editing the wrong section
Now it works, thanks :)

BTW, what is in the header of your DSDT? By header, I mean the line that starts with 'DefinitionBlock'.

Once you figure out a good keyboard profile, I can add it to the kext, which is keyed on the data in your DSDT header (but still special patch required to activate the profile).

After some amount of time my trackpad stops working and I have to reboot to make it work again.. Help?
How can I reload the kext?

After some amount of time my trackpad stops working and I have to reboot to make it work again.. Help?
How can I reload the kext?

Check known issues at github site.

I can't seem to be able to find a settings file, is it possible to for example disable the virtual buttons?

I can't seem to be able to find a settings file, is it possible to for example disable the virtual buttons?

What "settings file"?
What do you mean by "virtual buttons"?

When clicking on the bottom left of my trackpad it gives me a right click. I'd like to disable that and only use two fingers for rightclick. Plus the scrolling doesn't always work (it stops if I trye to accelerate while scrolling). I thought by changing some parameters maybe I could fix it

When clicking on the bottom left of my trackpad it gives me a right click. I'd like to disable that and only use two fingers for rightclick.

Should be bottom right. Bottom left is left click.

Plus the scrolling doesn't always work (it stops if I trye to accelerate while scrolling). I thought by changing some parameters maybe I could fix it

Limitations of the hardware/firmware in the trackpad. Is your trackpad a "clickpad"?

x230 TrackPoint dropping out

RehabMan - your coding work and following your support threads has enabled my building two (near) perfect hackintosh systems. I have one last conundrum - with my pointing devices - and I'm running out of ideas:

My x230 has a Trackpoint and a Synaptics touchpad. I near exclusively use the Trackpoint, but my GF often uses the touchpad. VoodooPS2 works great 90% of the time, but sometimes I go to use it and the trackpoint has stopped working. The touchpad works fine in this situation. Restarting doesn't generally fix it, nor does rebuilding caches. Generally it comes back after restarting a few times or waiting some hours. I also use a USB mouse from time to time - this may be what kills it - but I'm not sure because it is inconsistent.

Here is what I've tried and what I'm doing:

• Latest VoodooPS2
  • PS2 Daemon installed (tried without daemon, same thing)
  • Debug drivers show the trackpoint as passthrough device working, passing through the movement, no data when it's not working.
  • I don't see any errors related to PS2 or VooDoo in the system.log when it's not working.
  • Trackpad identified as 0x47 Synaptics - Relevant system.log:
    • Oct 31 10:22:20 localhost kernel[0]: VoodooPS2SynapticsTouchPad: Version 1.8.16 starting on OS X Darwin 15.0.
      Oct 31 10:22:20 localhost kernel[0]: VoodooPS2Mouse: Version 1.8.16 starting on OS X Darwin 15.0.
      Oct 31 10:22:20 localhost kernel[0]: VoodooPS2Trackpad starting: Synaptics TouchPad reports type 0x47, version 8.1

My goal is to have the trackpoint reliably work all the time, even when a mouse is plugged in and have the trackpad generally disabled unless it's explicitly being used - it seems the palm detection doesn't quite work as well as in Windows.

I'm dual booting Windows 7 and everything works fine there so I'm not thinking it's a hardware issue.

Any ideas for a fix or a workaround? Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back