Contribute
Register

New VoodooPS2Controller, Keyboard, Trackpad (ClickPad support)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should look at what you have in ./build.
Can't see any ./build directory. It says build succeed with 3 warnings but no ./build dir.

I just built with SDK 10.10. It built just fine.
Can you upload your latest build for a quick test?
Thanks

still need 7 mins to download 4.3.3.... slow net

Can't see any ./build directory. It says build succeed with 3 warnings but no ./build dir.

It means you have Xcode setup to place build products somewhere else... It has really stupid defaults.

Visit Xcode->Preferences->Locations->Advanced, set "Custom"->Relative to Workspace.

Can you upload your latest build for a quick test?

I don't build the bpedman_merge branch. I have no ALPS hardware.

It means you have Xcode setup to place build products somewhere else... It has really stupid defaults.
Visit Xcode->Preferences->Locations->Advanced, set "Custom"->Relative to Workspace.
I don't build the bpedman_merge branch. I have no ALPS hardware.
just saw it ..... nice (just a real noob).

Again, thank you .

Hi Rehabman,

Reporting back after completing some tests.

After installing the PS2 debug version, battery status is not showing at 10.10.5

When looking at console log, latest logs(10.10.5) seems to be the same compared to 10.10.4. But in 10.10.4 battery status is displaying and PS2 keyboard is working.

I even removed the PS2 kext, then rebuild and reboot. At login screen, the battery is just waving 'hello', just have to use a usb kb (to login).

Then after that, I upgraded fakeSMC from 1372 to 1394, reboot, still battery status is not displaying.

I will patch my DSDT again and see if I missed something.

Attach is my log(s). I used the same DSDT for 10.4 and 10.5. Can you tell why? Does this mean, ALPS is broken at 10.5?

PS. I believed Dr. Hurt is using Chameleon(let me check).
I have ALPS Device with ID E7=0x73 0x02 0x64, which I believed is the basis of bpedman's work - not much features but should not be giving some issues as well. Please advise. Thanks.

Attachments

• m6600.zip
    421.4 KB · Views: 83
Hi Rehabman,

Reporting back after completing some tests.

After installing the PS2 debug version, battery status is not showing at 10.10.5

When looking at console log, latest logs(10.10.5) seems to be the same compared to 10.10.4. But in 10.10.4 battery status is displaying and PS2 keyboard is working.

I even removed the PS2 kext, then rebuild and reboot. At login screen, the battery is just waving 'hello', just have use a usb kb (to login).

Then after that, I upgraded fakeSMC from 1372 to 1394, reboot, still battery status is not displaying.

I will patch my DSDT again and see if I missed something.

Attach is my log(s). I used the same DSDT for 10.4 and 10.5. Can you tell why? Does this mean, ALPS is broken at 10.5?

Your DSDT is broken. Look at the battery data in ioreg carefully.

Note:
CurrentCapacity=0x2292 (larger than MaxCapacity!)
MaxCapacity=0x1201
DesignCapacity=0x2292

This relationship should always be true:
CurrentCapacity <= MaxCapacity <= DesignCapacity

Your data breaks it.

Given the battery is fully charged (FullyCharged is true), I'd guess that the MaxCapacity value is wrong.

Your DSDT is broken. Note:
CurrentCapacity=0x2292 (larger than MaxCapacity!)
MaxCapacity=0x1201
DesignCapacity=0x2292

This relationship should always be true:
CurrentCapacity <= MaxCapacity <= DesignCapacity

same as this post [http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...emite-dell-m6600-bit-help-4.html#post1027988]

They are all read-only, last time I checked. Let me rmdt ECW1 to check if something is updating those 6 bytes.
If none, I may just switch the values at ECR1. Hope it works

Give me a sec, I am just waiting for the JrGrowerPro to finish compiling Clover. I choose git instead of svn, now downloading 3262 versions (my oops). Wow, it is just amazing stuff in there... simply amazing. I just can't comprehend my terminal dancing like that :)

Thanks.

same as this post [http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...emite-dell-m6600-bit-help-4.html#post1027988]

They are all read-only, last time I checked. Let me rmdt ECW1 to check if something is updating those 6 bytes.
If none, I may just switch the values at ECR1. Hope it works

Give me a sec, I am just waiting for the JrGrowerPro to finish compiling Clover. I choose git instead of svn, now downloading 3262 versions (my oops). Wow, it is just amazing stuff in there... simply amazing. I just can't comprehend my terminal dancing like that :)

Thanks.

Use ACPIDebug to further debug your DSDT code in _BST.

You might want to break that statement up a bit:

These are the definitions for _BIF return package:

* Power Unit //DWORD 0x00
* Design Capacity //DWORD 0x01
* Last Full Charge Capacity //DWORD 0x02
* Battery Technology //DWORD 0x03
* Design Voltage //DWORD 0x04
* Design Capacity of Warning //DWORD 0x05
* Design Capacity of Low //DWORD 0x06
* Battery Capacity Granularity 1 //DWORD 0x07
* Battery Capacity Granularity 2 //DWORD 0x08
* Model Number //ASCIIZ 0x09
* Serial Number //ASCIIZ 0x0A
* Battery Type //ASCIIZ 0x0B
* OEM Information //ASCIIZ 0x0C
[/code]

Just a quick question, I am not sure if ACPIBattery is reading directly from (1) EC registries or (2)buffers returned by both _BIF or _BST. But based on your qoute above, it's reading from buffers. Am I right?

Sometimes the _BST is returning 1 for the voltage - no voltage reading. ACPI doesn't produce any voltage just reading it, what can we do about it? I will put more debug lines in _BST, got it. thanks

How about in El Capitan? Do you think there is a posibility that this is only happening in 10.5? And non-issue in El Capitan, want me to install El CapitanBeta and test it?

If this is only happening at 10.5, I can just wait for El Caps and use 10.4 for a bit more. Any suggestion?

please disregard this note. totally nonsense. :)

I am getting ACPI_UNKNOWN. will try to fix it, and report back at ACPIBattery thread.

Thank you Rehabman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back