Contribute
Register

New Unified Realtek Onboard Audio Solution: ALC8xxHDA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great work!

HDMI audio no go

I did a new install and updated to 10.6.5. with all the good stuff from Multibeast 3.0.0. (kexts) and my good old DSDT. I did not install kexts (just relying on the DSDT) for audio at first and noticed that on the System Profiler Sound (built In) my HDMI port was listed. However the System Preferences Sound and Midi Setup did not show any devices and as you may have guessed, no digital or analog sound; well, it was expected as no kexts were installed. So far so good.
After applying the ALC8xxHDA and AppleHDA rollback, I noticed on the System Profiler that my HDMI and Display port entries were gone. No HDMI sound of course, but analog audio cam to live; what gives?
I have included a couple of pics.
Is there anything else I have to do to get HDMI sound with this new unified HDA?

Attachments

• AudioProfiler.tiff
    47.9 KB · Views: 252
  • AudioProfilerRollback.tiff
    37.8 KB · Views: 245
Is it possible to also edit the DSDT to add sound outputs for ACL8xxHDA and a video card like the GT 240?

GA-X58A-UD5 Realtek ALC889
Front input and output not working.

With the old 889 kext the front headphone worked but not the mic.

All the rear ports work though with the new kext.

rabbit.

Not working with alc888vc so sad...

bridemberg said:
Not working with alc888vc so sad...
The only device id's supported are:

If the 888vc is not one of these, then it is not supported.

Thanks for all the hard work great to have optical out at last.

To get this working I had to also delete sys/lib/prefrencepane/ the old voodoo panel.

But I get no 5.1 channels,guess that will be in next version :)
:clap: Great job m8ts

tonymacx86 said:
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR ALC 892 USERS:
Update your DSDT! We've added HDEF injection information to all of the Gigabyte boards in the DSDT Database. Just replace the DSDT.aml in your /Extra folder with the new one. And remember to name it DSDT.aml ;)

I didn't update my DSDT, but I had already modified it for the LegacyHDA solution from e10811125. The new driver seems to be working perfectly, would I gain anything else by grabbing the new DSDT? Hate to fix what ain't broke (there's enough that's broke already).

ShavenYak said:
I didn't update my DSDT, but I had already modified it for the LegacyHDA solution from e10811125. The new driver seems to be working perfectly, would I gain anything else by grabbing the new DSDT? Hate to fix what ain't broke (there's enough that's broke already).

Nothing would be gained if you manually edited- it's the same HDEF edit. ;)

I have a couple of motherboards with the 889a and have been using the 885/889a LegacyHDA successfully with 10.6.4/10.6.5 AppleHDA. Does the new 8xxHDA require the 10.6.2 rollback? If yes, then it seems the previous LegacyHDA solution is still appropriate, correct?

toleda said:
I have a couple of motherboards with the 889a and have been using the 885/889a LegacyHDA successfully with 10.6.4/10.6.5 AppleHDA. Does the new 8xxHDA require the 10.6.2 rollback? If yes, then it seems the previous LegacyHDA solution is still appropriate, correct?

It will be identical support as your Legacy889aHDA.kext- you won't need AppleHDA Rollback with ALC8xxHDA on ALC889a. So it's up to you whether you want to use the new one or the old Legacy889aHDA. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back