Contribute
Register

New Unified Realtek Onboard Audio Solution: ALC8xxHDA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks~ it works for 892, Thanks.

Thank You! It works (892). I wait for add other analog outputs in 892 for create 5.1 aggregate device.

I can't get this to work at all with my 889a, can anyone help?

Thanks for the great work, guys! This works very well with my Realtek ALC892 on the GA-P55-USB3 build below.

I do have to unplug the rear panel green line out on the rear panel in order to use the front panel green line out headphone jack, so I am hoping some solution can be found to avoid this inconvenience. This is something I did not have to do with the old (2out, 1in) ALC892 solution.

Presently I have the rear green line out connected to my Samsung T260HD monitor TV audio input, and use the headphone jack on the monitor, so it is not much of a problem.

Thanks again! Followed the installation instructions exactly with the new DSDT.aml for my MOBO on the desktop, checked User DSDT, ALC8xxHDA + AppleHDA Rollback + System Utilities in MultiBeast 3.0.3, and the reboot went smoothly!

My system is running ok but no audio yet.

What's the method for GA P55A UD3P Rev 1.0 F14?

Thanks!!!

Dont work for me in a P55-US3L V. 2.1, any sugestion?

tonymacx86 said:
ijhu said:
Audio working by the following steps. (P55-USB3 F8 with Realtek AC892)

1) Delete VoodooHDA from System/Library/Extensions. (done from previous attempt)
2) Open MultiBeast
3) Select ALC8xxHDA + AppleHDA Rollback + System Utilities
4) Also selected ACL892 from Non-DSDT HDAEnabler

Reboot

system now detect Audio (Built-In) properly. see image.

Ok- everyone using HDAEnabler with 892- you don't need that on Gigabyte boards with a DSDT from the DSDT Database- we updated ALL of the DSDTs last night with the correct HDEF information. So all you need to do is grab the updated DSDT, and replace the one in your /Extra folder, and it will work without HDAEnabler. ;)

I had to manually edit my DSDT this morning.

Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3 Rev. 2 F11 DSDT was NOT edited.

I have ALC892 on my EVGA X58 SLI3. I put the HDEF section from the Gigabyte GA-X58-USB3 in since I know it has ALC892, and it matches what they have on the ALC892 (2 out 1 in) thread. Everything shows up (System Profiler, Pref Pane, and volume in menu bar) but I don't have any sound. I'll try the plain (2 out 1 in) method next.

Edit: ALC892 (2 in 1 out) doesn't work either. Different options in System Profiler and Pref Pane, but still no sound.

So, I probably need to change something like pin configurations or something right?

Gordo74 said:
tonymacx86 said:
ijhu said:
Audio working by the following steps. (P55-USB3 F8 with Realtek AC892)

1) Delete VoodooHDA from System/Library/Extensions. (done from previous attempt)
2) Open MultiBeast
3) Select ALC8xxHDA + AppleHDA Rollback + System Utilities
4) Also selected ACL892 from Non-DSDT HDAEnabler

Reboot

system now detect Audio (Built-In) properly. see image.

Ok- everyone using HDAEnabler with 892- you don't need that on Gigabyte boards with a DSDT from the DSDT Database- we updated ALL of the DSDTs last night with the correct HDEF information. So all you need to do is grab the updated DSDT, and replace the one in your /Extra folder, and it will work without HDAEnabler. ;)

I had to manually edit my DSDT this morning.

Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3 Rev. 2 F11 DSDT was NOT edited.
The one in the database since 2010-12-28 IS edited.

Here's my linux dump for my ALC892 since it doesn't quite work with this solution yet. I'm mainly putting it here to save it.

Attachments

• CodecDump.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 68
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back