Contribute
Register

New Thin Gigabyte Mini-ITX boards

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had 3 iHac projects on the go in the last few months (check out my sig if you want to read more). out of 3 boards, only one seems to work as a hackintosh. on paper all 3 should work. it would be good to get feedback on these new ones, I've run out of money to keep buying boards right now.

ones I've tried so far:
Mitac 650 - no display, the display pipes are not configured the right way around, this causes problems for the apple framebuffer as it expects to be. HDMI input woks great.
ECS H61H-G11 - internal LVDS just never seems to get detected.
ECS H61H2-TI - works great, mSATA too. HDMI input option is crap, as the sound comes out full volume through the speakers and is not affected by headphone jacks. also has hdmi out for second display.

it seems like you've confused a few things: the requirement of Graphics Mode, connector-type, and the framebuffer/port assignments. I suggest you check my build above for some more info first. So long as you specify Graphics Mode and ensure your chosen framebuffer config's connectors match the board's physical port layout (or even use binary edits to achieve this), HD 4000 should work as intended. There are some equivalencies like DP/HDMI for video, and apparently LVDS/VGA, but having HDMI mapped to DP won't work for audio until you change the connector-type with a patch. OSX does not control the volume for HDMI and DP, it's merely a pass-through. See http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/90077-controlling-your-monitor-osx-ddc-panel.html

no, i'm not confusing anything. not that I know of.

I was highlighting the HDMI-IN issues with the boards, I know its a pass through, I know its not os x specific, but if, like me, having the AIO double as a games console screen is important, it matters perhaps that it works.

also, I think perhaps you've misunderstood the problems I've mentioned. I am aware of getting the correct platform ID to match the outputs ports, i'm also aware of binary editing them to suit if they don't.

however, unless you know something more about this....you cannot influence which *display pipe* gets selected to output on the detected port, if you can, I really rather desperately want to know how!

see here for the specifics:

http://rr7blog.wordpress.com/2013/01/13/blank-display-when-hd-4000-loads/

as for the other boards, the ECS-G11 simply never detects a display, regardless of what output port configuration is chosen.

I couldn't find a 5VSB source on this board as is available on the DQ77KB. Vital for the touch sensor on Cube builds.

Hi, I'm thinking to buy a ga-b75tn or h77tn to an iMac g4 mod, anyone already tried the ga-b75tn? Can you confirm that the board is hackintosh-able ? And the graphics?

Thanks in advanced,

Tiago

You will need to search a lot.
Imac g4, the flower pot has been done.
I cannot remember if they used thin board or NUC.
Thin boards do work.
If you mean an all in one iMac that is tricky.
There is a special section of forum for iMac mods

My take on the Thin Mini-ITX thing.

If you're in the market for a thin board for a mod, I'd say this is as good as any other- as the ethernet and audio are easily enabled. The only advantage would be the thinner size- it's about 1/2 the height of a standard mini-itx and can use the i3-3225 desktop cpu.

Unfortunately, these two boards do not have the standard Gigabyte UEFI. They have a limited laptop-like UEFI which you need to either patch (modified BIOS) or install a patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement kext in order to have sleep/wake working.

The H77N-WIFI or Z77N-WIFI are much better boards, but if you must have thin for an iMac mod or cube, the B75TN or H77TN would be optimal.

I need some help with something. I'm not building a mac, but I am building a Home Theater Nintendo Entertainment System. I'm using the H77TN board, but I need to find a power adapter. The adapter uses an connector with an inner diameter of 5.1mm, an external diameter of 7.4mm and a depth of 12.5mm.

I'd prefer around 150 watts, just to make sure I'm covered. I know the connector fits some Dell and HP Laptops, but I have no clue which ones. Can anyone help with an adapter make and model?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back