Register

New Thin Gigabyte Mini-ITX boards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• IMG_0561.jpg
    IMG_0561.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 726
Sweet looking board, I would love to make a iMac like hack with one of these. I noticed that gigabyte said they only support 8 gigs of ram but I've seen 16 Gb SODIMM kits. Any reason you couldn't put 16 in the board?

There are already AIO kits most noticeably the Loop.
Also many cases where board is in the base of a monitor. lian li aluminum very classy.
Download the PDF at Intel.
Gigabyte now has feature ad for these boards at their site.

Main problem :where do you buy these boards.
UPDATE !! New Egg now has the Gigabyte thin boards

Comparing the two, there's very little difference besides the chipsets themselves and their most immediate differences: 1 SATA3 vs 2 SATA3, and RAID or no RAID. The manuals are pretty thin at the moment, and there is no block diagram to show whether the mSATA is on SATA2 or SATA3, though I'm betting on the former, but the price is right. I also noticed there's no eDP connector, just LVDS/HDMI/DP, though no AIOs are using eDP at the moment. Shameless plug: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...-intels-thin-mitx-specification-diy-aios.html

I'm very interested in one of these boards to build an AIO iHack for my wife. I'd love to keep things super neat by putting a nice speedy 6Gbps SSD in the mSATA slot, then not have to worry about SATA cables, but I just contacted Gigabyte and unfortunately the mSATA slot on all these boards only supports 3Gbps.

There's also another nice thin mini-itx board from Gigabyte, the MSQ77DI, but it's not available through normal retail channels, they sell it B2B.

Loks Great for AllinOne, pcs but i think they need some fixes to work, because the drivers are some hard to make to work in the all in one machines, thanks Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back