Contribute
Register

(NEW) (SUCCESS) Dingleberry's Content Creator Build | GA-X79S-UP5 X79/C606 | i7-3930k | 32gb | GTX67

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the link to the video that fixed my appstore problem.

http://youtu.be/8ERhsM9pFGI

you have to do BOTH the parts in the video. The EFI trick alone did not work for me.

good luck, and let me know how it works for you.

I have my system up and working, but am unable to get it to work from multibeast. I have to use the USB and manually type in the commands at boot in order to get it to work.

If I boot directly from the drive, it is fine up until I choose MacOS and then it gives me a blank screen.

I have the exact same setup in the title of this thread GA-X79S-UP5-WiFi, i7-3930K, GTX670, 32GB RAM

The guide does not address the new version of Multibeast. Also, I need to find where I can get the older versions of Multibeast so I can get my sound working.

I also would like to know if I am better off using the dsdt that is available for this board.

This is my first build, so sorry for all of the noob questions. I have read all of the previous messages and continue to be stuck here.

Thanks for any help.

JG

I have my system up and working, but am unable to get it to work from multibeast. I have to use the USB and manually type in the commands at boot in order to get it to work.

If I boot directly from the drive, it is fine up until I choose MacOS and then it gives me a blank screen.

I have the exact same setup in the title of this thread GA-X79S-UP5-WiFi, i7-3930K, GTX670, 32GB RAM

The guide does not address the new version of Multibeast. Also, I need to find where I can get the older versions of Multibeast so I can get my sound working.

I also would like to know if I am better off using the dsdt that is available for this board.

This is my first build, so sorry for all of the noob questions. I have read all of the previous messages and continue to be stuck here.

Thanks for any help.

JG

Hi JG,

When you manually type in the command, boot works. What commands do you use?

Which version of multibeast you using?

What is your configuration setup you use in multibeast?

About the DSDT, I don't think you need one, although i use one mainly for sound.

Regards
Gaart

This is my first Hack build and used this GA-X79S-UP5 as recommended as the super hack. I'm finding this more difficult than expected. I'm not able to boot into the installation. I have used various combinations of the startup -v -x GrahicsEnabler=NO/Yes npci=x3000 and 2000, cpus=1 but still no installation screen. It goes though all the loading and then just goes back screen. My board is ver. 1.1 and came with F4 bios version. Can anyone shed light on my problem.

Need your full list of hardware for this build and what version of ML installer you used in Unibeast. I had the same problem and it ended up being my graphics card (Nvidia GTX 760).

Had to modify the Unibeast installer by deleting the Nvidia Kexts in S/L/E of the flash drive and use "-v -x cpus=1 npci=0x3000 GraphicsEnabler=No" then it will fail to load the nvidia drivers and you'll be able to use generic video out. The. Then Just update to 10.8.2 or higher with a combo update for the native nvidia driver updates. I ended up using 10.8.4 becasue 10.8.5 gave me too many problems and couldn't get USB 3.0 drivers to work.

Full list of hardware. X79S-UP5-WIFI ver. 1.1 Bios F4, Corsair Vengeance 2X8 (32gb) DDR3 1866, Corsair HX750 powersupply, Geforce GTX 760 DirectCU II OC, I7 4960X socket 2011, SSD Samsung 840, Unibeast 3.0.1 with Maverick from my Macbook Pro. I really thank you for your feedback. I'll be happy to just see it boot into installer.

Ok your build is 90% the same in not sure what deivers mavericks jas built in but my directions for modifying the installer worked for me to get to the installer for 10.8 then updating to 10.8.4. I couldn't get unibeast and mavericks to work together to make and installer for some reason so I went back to ML. You have to delete all kexts with extention NV***.kext to get Gtx 760 to work let me know how that works out because I'd love to get a mavericks build goin as well!

I renamed all the NV***.Kext to NV***.Kext.bak but I'm still just getting a black screen after all the files load using -v -x GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x3000 cpus=1. I've verified my USB boot by putting it in the MAC and it boots just fine there. Do you think the F4 bios has something to do with it?

I am not sure about the NV*** kext since i don't have a GTX7xx to test it on, but try the following flags:
Code:
-v cpus=1 npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=yes/no USBBusFix=Yes

Ensure that you enable XHCI and EHCI in bios.

*I am not sure if the gtx7xx needs the GE to be yes or no.

Regards
Gaart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back