Contribute
Register

(NEW) (SUCCESS) Dingleberry's Content Creator Build | GA-X79S-UP5 X79/C606 | i7-3930k | 32gb | GTX67

Status
Not open for further replies.
How are you getting i7 compatibility? Right now OSX 10.9 is registering 1 CPU @ 1.2GHz. 10.8 was working using the original method posted in this thread. Should I use the same method for 10.9, or is there another way?

Edit:
Scratch that... I did some poking in the BIOS. It's working now?!?! 3.8GHz @ 6 cores.

Cheers.

nodnarb and everyone else...is the SAS ports on this MB working OOB? if not which kext you need to use?
Anyone tested the SAS ports?

Mate...there is no way to enable SAS atm..it doesn't work.

I can't get the App Store to work either. I have followed multiple threads to no avail. I have the exact same setup described in this title.

I can't get the App Store to work either. I have followed multiple threads to no avail. I have the exact same setup described in this title.
Delete /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist
Reboot and manually add your network interfaces making sure Ethernet (0) is added first.

ive tried this solution and i still can not get my ethernet ports to work! please help!

i have the same components except i am using a diff graphics card, the EVGA Nvidia Geforce Gtx 670 4gb, and then i used two ssd to set up a raid0 config.

I have exactly the same problem with the Ethernet connection... Have you found a solution?
Thanks!
Julien

thanks i got it to work.

there was a video on youtube that showed how to fix it.

"there was a video on youtube that showed how to fix it."

Can you show video link please? I have tried everything and it's grandma. For the life of me I cant get OSX to believe the ethernet is internal. I really want cloud and appstore! I even tried a wifi dongle, no difference. Great connection, no store.

I've done the EFIstudio trick a few times now. Could it by my smbios.plist giving the wrong definition?

Can't seem to get past unibeast bootloader. This is the 8th build I'm doing and I'm having the most trouble as of yet. Keep getting a boot cache error. Followed your guide exactly to no avail, then started getting crafty with boot flags and BIOS settings any help with this would be appreciated. I feel like I just need to get this installer going and all will be gravy from there on out. If anyone could shed a little light I'd much appreciate it! Just trying to have a nice machine to get some work done!

Seriously though about 4 or 5 similar posts have gone unanswered on different forums with this same problem with this mobo.... its not just me

(PS I'm using a 3930k with an nVidia Gtx 760 but also swapped for an ATI Radeon HD 5450 to test. Same boot error)

Attachments

• 20131109_034001.jpg
    20131109_034001.jpg
    792.6 KB · Views: 159
and with an i7 4930k ? it's working ?

thanks pierre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back