Contribute
Register

New RehabMan kexts/builds/binaries for Yosemite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi RehabMan, I have not a laptop but Desktop system:

System: Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 UEFI U1E + bootloader Chimera 4.0
CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K + motherboard chipset Z68
Graphics: nVidia GTX670 - MSI N670GTX-PM2D2GD5/OC - monitor Dell U2711 2560 x 1440

kind regards

Desktop questions are off-topic in this forum (Yosemite Laptop Support).

But GenericUSBXCHI.kext has issues on Yosemite. No fix in sight. I'm using AppleUSBXHCI on all my machines. If your board needs GenericUSBXHCI, go back to Mavericks.

Desktop questions are off-topic in this forum (Yosemite Laptop Support).
But GenericUSBXCHI.kext has issues on Yosemite. No fix in sight. I'm using AppleUSBXHCI on all my machines. If your board needs GenericUSBXHCI, go back to Mavericks.

Sorry for the OT.
Thank you for the explanation.

Did my first Hackintosh laptop install last week.

Yosemite 10, Clover UEFI boot, patched DSDT to get brightness buttons work. That was a little bit tricky. (Norwegian extended keyboard layout). WiFi OK, BT4 OK, Ethernet OK, Trackpad OK, Sound OK, Graphics OK - boots like a rocket.

No I've started to remap the keyboard to suit me better. I use the debug version of VoodooPS2Controller to get the ADB codes i need for remapping. I open 'VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard/Contents/Info.plist', with Xcode and edit the Info.plist. Saving changes from Xcode, exit, use KextUtility to install the debug version which I edited, reboot.

Now the 'Alt-keycode' doesn't work to generate codes, and the remapping don't work. I think I've tried most variants to make it work, so if someone has a suggestion what I'm doing wrong or forgetting I would be very happy.

Did my first Hackintosh laptop install last week.

Yosemite 10, Clover UEFI boot, patched DSDT to get brightness buttons work. That was a little bit tricky. (Norwegian extended keyboard layout). WiFi OK, BT4 OK, Ethernet OK, Trackpad OK, Sound OK, Graphics OK - boots like a rocket.

No I've started to remap the keyboard to suit me better. I use the debug version of VoodooPS2Controller to get the ADB codes i need for remapping. I open 'VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/VoodooPS2Keyboard/Contents/Info.plist', with Xcode and edit the Info.plist. Saving changes from Xcode, exit, use KextUtility to install the debug version which I edited, reboot.

Now the 'Alt-keycode' doesn't work to get ADB codes, and the remapping don't work. I think I've tried most variants to make it work, so if someone has a suggestion what I'm doing wrong or forgetting I would be very happy.

I don't understand 'debug version... to get the ADB codes'... The ADB codes are defined in VoodooPS2Controller.cpp.

You probably broke the Info.plist...

Thanks Rehabman.

Regarding 'debug version' of VoodooPS2Controller I saw it in the bootom of
https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller/wiki/How-to-Use-Custom-Keyboard-Mapping.

Pressing Alt-160 in the debug version gives me multiple desktops. In release, nothing happens.

Info.plist must be broken somehow during save. Perhaps wrong encoding.

ADB decimal 160 is 0xA0. You can see it in VoodooPS2Keyboard.cpp, ApplePS2Keyboard::defaultKeymapOfLength

Code:
        0x00,0x00,0x00,
[B]        0x00,0x00,0x00, // a0 Exposes All
[/B]        0x00,0x00,0x00, // a1 Expose Desktop

The 'hold-alt-with-digits' is useful if you're not sure what a code does (if it it does anything).

It is only available in the debug build.

Thanks again.

I missed that line in VoodooPS2Keyboard.cpp. (0x00,0x00,0x00, // a0 Exposes All)

I'll figure out what's wrong with my Info.plist, then the remappping should be OK.

installed your Ethernet kext but does not work on my U310/corei5 version.

Anyone can help me out? been fighting with this for almost half a day already lol..

cheers:?::oops:

remember GMA950 on netbooks that needs to bin patch the GMA kext to change device id? I compiled FakePCIID with 32 bit support and GmA 950 now works. No more bin patching.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back