Contribute
Register

New RehabMan kexts/builds/binaries for Yosemite

Status
Not open for further replies.
remember GMA950 on netbooks that needs to bin patch the GMA kext to change device id? I compiled FakePCIID with 32 bit support and GmA 950 now works. No more bin patching.

Thanks!

Yes, it is quite useful...

I'm rather surprised this isn't a sticky ...

How would you force https://github.com/RehabMan/acpica to compile 32-bit, or better yet as FAT.

You would need to change the makefile. And perhaps additional code to get it to compile 32-bit. I don't understand the point. SL and Lion are 64-bit by default, and OS X has been 64-bit only since ML.

You would need to change the makefile. And perhaps additional code to get it to compile 32-bit. I don't understand the point. SL and Lion are 64-bit by default, and OS X has been 64-bit only since ML.

Its more of the CPU than the OS.
Thanks for the tip :)

Its more of the CPU than the OS.

???

With old hardware, you might as well use iasl4 (not sure if there is a 32-bit version around). You can always do the disassembly on a machine capable of running the 64-bit binary. There is no requirement to do the disassembly on the target machine.

Hi RehabMan
Many thanks for the great working ktexts. I have one problem with the AppleUSBXHCI.ktext - but don't know if it is related to the ktext or the Hardware.
On my Surface Pro 3 the Type Cover 3 is beeing recognized as an composite device - also with one HID Interface (it contains a Keyboard and trackpad function). But both - keyboard and trackpad is working in Clover menu - but not in Yosemite 10.10.2 - keypress or mouse move is not recognized. Attached at this post and on this Link https://www.dropbox....O0fdavaDXNLXiUr you can find the infos / logs i have created on a seperate 10.9 partition with USB Prober - I have created a seperate log for each test case / log Level.

Connect TypeCover
Disconnect TypeCover
Space pressed
Trackpad moved

Any guess, if this is a general problem with the Type Cover 3 Hardware (Firmware) or a Problem with the Driver / Hardware combination ? The strange part is, that someboy posted, that the Type Cover 3 is working on the Surface Pro 2 with com.apple.driver.AppleUSBEHCI as an usb 2.0 device, not with the AppleUSBXHCI Driver, like on the Surface Pro 3 - therefore Microsoft changed something on the Connection port.

The attached Apple Keyboard on the USB 3.0 port (with integrated usb 2.0 hub) is working without any Problems. Also with an attached Mouse / WLAN / Bluetooth Adapter). Only the type cover is not working on the type cover Docking port (USB 3.0)

Many thanks for any hint
gkarg

Attachments

• TypeCoverUSBLogs.zip
    218.6 KB · Views: 80
Hi RehabMan
Many thanks for the great working ktexts. I have one problem with the AppleUSBXHCI.ktext - but don't know if it is related to the ktext or the Hardware.
On my Surface Pro 3 the Type Cover 3 is beeing recognized as an composite device - also with one HID Interface (it contains a Keyboard and trackpad function). But both - keyboard and trackpad is working in Clover menu - but not in Yosemite 10.10.2 - keypress or mouse move is not recognized. Attached at this post and on this Link https://www.dropbox....O0fdavaDXNLXiUr you can find the infos / logs i have created on a seperate 10.9 partition with USB Prober - I have created a seperate log for each test case / log Level.

Connect TypeCover
Disconnect TypeCover
Space pressed
Trackpad moved

Any guess, if this is a general problem with the Type Cover 3 Hardware (Firmware) or a Problem with the Driver / Hardware combination ? The strange part is, that someboy posted, that the Type Cover 3 is working on the Surface Pro 2 with com.apple.driver.AppleUSBEHCI as an usb 2.0 device, not with the AppleUSBXHCI Driver, like on the Surface Pro 3 - therefore Microsoft changed something on the Connection port.

The attached Apple Keyboard on the USB 3.0 port (with integrated usb 2.0 hub) is working without any Problems. Also with an attached Mouse / WLAN / Bluetooth Adapter). Only the type cover is not working on the type cover Docking port (USB 3.0)

Many thanks for any hint
gkarg

AppleUSBXHCI.kext is provided by Apple.

Using AppleUSBXHCI.kext usually requires DSDT patches, and in some cases may still not work.

Hi RehabMan
sorry for the confusion - I'm already using GenericUSBXHCI kext for my Yosemite installation. I verified this with IORegistryExplorer (see attached the IOREG Log "SurfacePro3"). The USB devices - also the Surface Type Cover - is listed under GenericUSBXHCI tree.

What i didn't realize is, that the USB Prober Logs generated on my second partition with Mavericks - are really using the AppleUSBXHCI driver - since I'm injecting for both installations the same kext with clover, i was thinking - also my Mavericks installation is using the GenericUSBXHCI - which is not the case - (attached IOREG Log "SurfacePro3_Mavericks"). I really don't know - why GenericUSBXHCI is not used there. But lets ignore the Maverics USB Prober Logs - and concentrate on the Yosemite installation - where i have the same problem / behaviour.

So do you still think is it a DSDT problem in my Yosemite installation ? If this helps - I attached my original DSDT extracted by Windows (Read & Write Utility) and my patched DSDT - used with Clover (downloaded in another forum). So if you see any problem from the Yosemite IOREG Log "SurfacePro3" or the DSDT Logs - i would be really glad, if you could point me in the right direction, what needs to be changed in my Yosemite installation / configuration.

Also strange is, that when i press a key on the TypeCover on Yosemite in the IORegExplorer the entry gets red an disabled and a new green entry appears - see attached screenshot (where i pressed the keys as long as the device disconnected 3 times - therefore three red entries). The keyboard light disappears after the first key strike with a delay of 1 second - then the light appears again with a delay of about 1/4 second. Then it will react again on key strikes - and will switch off again. What can cause the disconnect ?

Also different - in Windows 10 with the Read & Write Utility (USB View) - the Surface Cover is listed as an USB Input Device not as an USB Composite Device - in Yosemite as an USB Composite Device - see screenshots:

EDIT: problem solved:
Problem: The Type Cover Keyboard has standard value for bInterfaceClass = 3, but non standard values for bInterfaceSubClass = 0 and bInterfaceProtocol = 3 - therefore the IOUSBHIDDriver never matched (expects bInterfaceClass = 3, bInterfaceSubClass = 1. bInterfaceProtocol = 1)
Solution: Edited as a quick fix

/System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOUSBHIDDriver.kext/Contents/Info.plist
and added a new key <key>Generic Keyboard</key> with the different values bInterfaceSubClass = 0 and bInterfaceProtocol = 3

Many thanks
gkarg

Attachments

• DSDT.zip
    36.3 KB · Views: 93
  • surfacepro3.ioreg
    1.6 MB · Views: 84
  • SurfacePro3_Mavericks.ioreg
    1.4 MB · Views: 113
  • windows10_usb_devices.png
    windows10_usb_devices.png
    233.7 KB · Views: 190