Contribute
Register

New RehabMan kexts/builds/binaries for Yosemite

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI RehabMan. I've installed your fork of the GenericUSB3XHCI in my DSDT-free build of Yosemite, with Chimera 4.0.0 as bootloader. With Apple native USB3 kext, the USB3 ports *only* recognize USB3 devices.

Now with your kext, the USB3 ports will recognize USB3 devices. They also recognize USB2 or earlier devices, BUT only after first inserting a USB3 device. I have BIOS XHCI Pre-boot disabled, XHCI mode set to auto, and EHCI and XHCI handoff settings enabled.

Seems like odd behavior. Any suggestions about how to get the ports to see USB2 or earlier devices right off? Any Apple kexts that need to be removed, or a BIOS change needed?

TIA

HI RehabMan. I've installed your fork of the GenericUSB3XHCI in my DSDT-free build of Yosemite, with Chimera 4.0.0 as bootloader. With Apple native USB3 kext, the USB3 ports *only* recognize USB3 devices.

Now with your kext, the USB3 ports will recognize USB3 devices. They also recognize USB2 or earlier devices, BUT only after first inserting a USB3 device. I have BIOS XHCI Pre-boot disabled, XHCI mode set to auto, and EHCI and XHCI handoff settings enabled.

Seems like odd behavior. Any suggestions about how to get the ports to see USB2 or earlier devices right off? Any Apple kexts that need to be removed, or a BIOS change needed?

TIA

What laptop do you have?

Hi -- I know I'm in the wrong forum, but it is mostly the right topic... I have a desktop machine with the Gigabyte board as listed. You seem to have a lot of expertise on this subject, so maybe there is some crossover benefit for us desktop guys who can't get the USB3 ports working correctly....

Hi -- I know I'm in the wrong forum, but it is mostly the right topic... I have a desktop machine with the Gigabyte board as listed. You seem to have a lot of expertise on this subject, so maybe there is some crossover benefit for us desktop guys who can't get the USB3 ports working correctly....

This forum is only for laptops. AFAIK, most gigabyte boards (UEFI) work with the default USB3 kext, AppleUSBXHCI.kext.

Hi, Rehabman, I migrated my Yosemite from Chimera to Clover boot loader and accidentally find that the USB3 port works if a USB stick (not bootable) was plugged in at the boot time. I can unplug and replug the USB stick after booting into Yosemite. All USB port work. The system is using your GenericUSBXHCI kext. However if no USB stick plugged in the USB 3 port during the boot time, only USB 2 port work even though System Information shows USB 3 port available.

Hope this information maybe helpful in your future work with the kext.

Hi, Rehabman,

When using Chimera boot loader the bluetooth worked fine. But after migrated to Clover boot loader, the bluetooth have a strange behaviour. It worked first time. After reboot, the bluetooth was on but cannot connect to the magic mouse. When open bluetooth panel, the bluetooth is not discoverable, rather it displays "Name not available". I had to to unload the kext by running "sudo kextunload -b com.apple.iokit.BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport" and reboot. After reboot, I can turn on Bluetooth which would make it discoverable with the machine name and connect to the magic mouse.

Any advice on how to get around?

Hi, Rehabman, I migrated my Yosemite from Chimera to Clover boot loader and accidentally find that the USB3 port works if a USB stick (not bootable) was plugged in at the boot time. I can unplug and replug the USB stick after booting into Yosemite. All USB port work. The system is using your GenericUSBXHCI kext. However if no USB stick plugged in the USB 3 port during the boot time, only USB 2 port work even though System Information shows USB 3 port available.

Hope this information maybe helpful in your future work with the kext.

There are likely some issues with GenericUSBXHCI.kext and Zenith432 has stated he doesn't really have the time to maintain it. Are you using -gux_defer_usb2?

Have you tried to get AppleUSBXHCI to work?

Hi Rehab,

i cannot get CodecCommander to work under Yosemite and ALC668.
I've patched the AppleHDA as stated on the Dell XPS 9530 guide, audio works without problem at the boot, when enter and exit from sleep no more audio.. CodecCommander.kext is loaded but doesn't seem to work

There is a "debug" version?

Thanks

Hi Rehab,

i cannot get CodecCommander to work under Yosemite and ALC668.
I've patched the AppleHDA as stated on the Dell XPS 9530 guide, audio works without problem at the boot, when enter and exit from sleep no more audio.. CodecCommander.kext is loaded but doesn't seem to work

There is a "debug" version?

Thanks

I believe my build has both Release and Debug directories.

https://github.com/RehabMan/EAPD-Codec-Commander

Have you tried to get AppleUSBXHCI to work?

I tried the AppleUSBXHCI kext today and it works. It seems the bluetooth issue was related to USB as well. With AppleUSBXHCI the BT part works as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back