Contribute
Register

New Project: Remapping Keyboard- I want your input!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we use the normal F1-F12 keys after installing this kext?
For instance, F7 is required in photoshop, so how to press the F7 key? If F7 is pressed, it would be the MUTE action. How to activate the native F7 function?

Where could I find original version of ApplePS2Controller? Kext Helper did sth wrong and reinstalling from BackupExtensions changes nothing. I just realized that I need F-keys for TexStudio.

blueking said:
This is my current layout. Changes?

• f1- sleep[/*:m:1c4ppku5]
  • f2- brightness down[/*:m:1c4ppku5]
  • f3- brightness up[/*:m:1c4ppku5]
  • f4- mission control[/*:m:1c4ppku5]
  • f5- blank since they are on apple keyboards[/*:m:1c4ppku5]
  • f6- blank since they are on apple keyboards[/*:m:1c4ppku5]
  • f7- mute[/*:m:1c4ppku5]
  • f8- volume down[/*:m:1c4ppku5]
  • f9- volume up[/*:m:1c4ppku5]
  • f10- previous song[/*:m:1c4ppku5]
  • f11- play/pause[/*:m:1c4ppku5]
  • f12- next song[/*:m:1c4ppku5]
  • prt sc- f12 (can change to desktop on press) but kept for eject function[/*:m:1c4ppku5]
  • insert- launchpad[/*:m:1c4ppku5]
  • the button besides wifi- dashboard[/*:m:1c4ppku5]

Feedback?
Hi, i tested and really love it, but
  • How about leave F1 blank, since we can easily put Hacks into sleep by closing down the LCD, and it might take time if we accidentally hit F1 as sleeping (when we want to hit ESC or Brightness down), and I was using it for quickly change keyboard layout/input method ( I sometimes use Vietnamese input method)[/*:m:1c4ppku5]
  • Leave F13/PrtSc blank (currently holding it will eject CD/DVD), because as someone already mentioned, unlike real MacBook, we have physical button for it (and by the way, is there any method to remove the eject icon on the bar? it's useless, too) Another reason is that I was using F13 as a shortcut for full screen [/*:m:1c4ppku5]
Once again, thank you so much, I was trying to get this function, but only through some virtualization using software (called Spark), but your kext/hardware method is awesome!

• f1- <blank>[/*:m:1c4ppku5]
  • f2- brightness down[/*:m:1c4ppku5]
  • f3- brightness up[/*:m:1c4ppku5]
  • f4- mission control[/*:m:1c4ppku5]
  • f5- <blank>[/*:m:1c4ppku5]
  • f6- <blank>[/*:m:1c4ppku5]
  • f7- mute[/*:m:1c4ppku5]
  • f8- volume down[/*:m:1c4ppku5]
  • f9- volume up[/*:m:1c4ppku5]
  • f10- previous song (holding for rewind)[/*:m:1c4ppku5]
  • f11- play/pause[/*:m:1c4ppku5]
  • f12- next song (holding for forward)[/*:m:1c4ppku5]
  • prt sc / f13 - <blank>[/*:m:1c4ppku5]
  • insert- <blank>[/*:m:1c4ppku5]
  • the button besides wifi- dashboard[/*:m:1c4ppku5]

BTW, is there any tutorial/instruction and source code available for modifying these codes?

I used blue kings next, it installed perfectly with kexthelper.

However, when I press prt sc the Dashboard comes up, and when I hit the button next to the Wifi key, I also get the dashboard.

Is there anyway I can make the button next to Wifi show my Desktop? I rarely ever use Dashboard.

I have the same problem if we can call it problem. I would like to congratulate again blueking for this kext. I would like to say also that we miss blue king

wiigamer136 said:
oradoe said:

Hmm... Where is this kext?
It is in this thread.

But there are some problems with it, in particular, there are debug messages for every key up/key down, that fill up the kernel.log. That's why it isn't included in the v4 ProBook Installer.

I've had great luck in remapping my keyboard (not really this scheme here but one more to my liking) using KeyRemap4MacBook. I'm from a PC-background and the Mac keyboard mappings were driving me crazy. Using KeyRemap4MacBook's XML based remapping software, I've been able to fix most annoyances. It is very flexible software with a little investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back