Contribute
Register

New Project: Remapping Keyboard- I want your input!

Status
Not open for further replies.
itsthesteveshow said:
nikstar said:
If the windows key does nothing, where it will be the command key?
In OSX this key is critical, you cannot just leave it aside.
If you are planning to use OSX in this laptop you NEED that key.
Also mac users (like me) we have use to work with shortcuts, and the basic "component" for shortcuts are the command key.

And about the alt key you can easily physically change position with the windows key so it will be alt at alt.

Whoops. I used a double negative. Meant 'does something'.
CNTRL | FN | CMD/WIN | ALT | SPACE

Couldn't imagine using creative suite without the CMD button!

Using the above Kext as provided, and it is great. I use both MAC and PC for work, so I'm fine either way. The aesthetics of a "dummy" key on my laptop was my main issue. Personal preference.

BTW. Love the way my Hackintosh turned out. So thanks to all involved.

I said to physically swap win key with the alt key because I have another Mac with an Apple keyboard and also I am a Mac user the last 12-13 years so I get use to work with shortcuts and the command key is located next to the space.
So it is difficult for me to work with a windows keyboard without change these buttons.
Hopefully OSX has this option (to change win key with alt key)

Buen aporte

No i need my function keys in adobe flash!!! Please dont change them!

waqarhassanpk said:
Can anyone tell me how to install this kext. The idea is superb imo
Do i need to go to extensions, delete the original appleps2kext and copy this kext there and restart?

Same here, would like to test, can install a kext but was told to delete something first, unsure what exactly.

Go to /S/L/E delete ApplePS2Controller.kext (authorization required) get some sort of kext installer eg. Kext Helper, open downoladed (and extracted file with it) wait ... ... ... after its done, restart OS, Should be done.

PS. This is awesome, thank you Blueking, if you will have some spare time maybe try to make fn+FX keys work as FX keys, that'd be great.

Blueking, its simply amazing

Hi,
Thanks for this kext it worked like charm.
I like the button next to wifi as dashboard.
I have some different ideas for few buttons especially f4 as launchpad and if possible right click menu key of windows to act as second options key ( or command based on mapping in system preference panel) if thats possible. I understand mac keyboards do not have any key there but its one un-used key.
I was wondering if you can post the source code for this kext I may be able to tinker with it. I am not a mac developer (I have windows driver development experience) and this is my first ever mac system but was thinking to try if I can.
Request you to post sources if possible.
Thanks once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back