Contribute
Register

New Pro Tools HD Build - [GUIDE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Squizo can you please advice about stable motherboard to run OSX 10.8.5 with HD3 PCI-e not PCI_X and PT10HD.

I have already (3770 i7 CPU) socket 1155.

Thanks in advance

Squizo can you please advice about stable motherboard to run OSX 10.8.5 with HD3 PCI-e not PCI_X and PT10HD.

I'm not squizo, but i can tell you there are no special considerations for PCIe based systems, there are so many motherboard options that you can easily just choose one that fits your budget and needs. Tonymac has buyers guides that usually list many options that are also well supported on the site. It is also worth mentioning that for a PCIe based system there is not really a good reason to use a hack over the previous gen mac pro as they are probably going to be sold off pretty cheap now. If you need special features of a hack and already have a CPU- just choose any of the Z77 based boards that are popular. i think you missed the boat for thunderbolt as the UP5 TH has been sold out for a long time, but the UD5H is a good board and might still be available. Just make sure whatever board you choose has 3 concurrent PCIe slots, and if your going to be using a dual slot graphics card make sure you also take into account that it needs to go in the top most PCIe x16 slot on most boards and will block whatever port is below it.

g\

i have found Z77X-UP7

it has 3* PCIEX16 near each other. which i care about.

any one got PT experience with this motherboard, some people here report that usb not working ?

The Z77X-UP7 is a great board and fully compatible. USB works fine. just make sure you use a DSDT made from PJALM repo and that you use a modified GenericXHCI.kext with ioprobe -1 so that the intel USB uses the apple driver and the other USB ports use the generic one.

Once you have all your parts and are ready to build i can explain that in more detail if you are confused. It is actually very easy.
g\

Thanks genzai.

can you guide me please, I look already in download section but now DSDT for this motherboard. I have the CPU,RAM,PSU and I'll get the board today.

waiting your guide :)

Thanks genzai.

can you guide me please, I look already in download section but now DSDT for this motherboard. I have the CPU,RAM,PSU and I'll get the board today.

waiting your guide :)

PM me since this is getting off topic and could generate several back and forth posts spamming the thread.

g\

sorry can't pm I need to post 69 times ?

but I already got ASUS Maximus V Extreme, it was available for cheap price than Gigabyte Z77X-UP7, it has 3 PCIe near each other and above that it has thunder bolt .

wish me good luck

but I already got ASUS Maximus V Extreme, it was available for cheap price than Gigabyte Z77X-UP7, it has 3 PCIe near each other and above that it has thunder bolt .

wish me good luck

Good luck indeed. the Asus boards are generally less compatible and more difficult to get working. hopefully you can find a good guide that lays it all out for you.

g\

wish me good luck

Olevel

As to thunderbolt ports and Snow Leo 10.6.X

Not supported - so in BIOS disable the TH port until you install Mavericks.

Ok i'll try to install 10.8 then update to 10.8.5 , some people here got it to work with 10.8.3 I know it's not fully working but at least I need PT HD3 and PTHD10 to work with PCIe without issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back