Contribute
Register

New Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 892 on Lion - [OLD]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 892 on Lion - Updated

HackintoshiHope said:
thats just the answer i was looking for thanks. (Is there any reason i had full sound in osx 10.6.3 but when i upgraded it broke the sound)
AppleHDA.kext is different in every release of OS X. What did you do in 10.6.3? What have you done with your current system?

Nothing worked out of box .. That's why I'm saying is there a way to successfully Port the sound from 10.6.3 to lion 10.7.3 ( current system tried about everything )

HackintoshiHope said:
Nothing worked out of box .. That's why I'm saying is there a way to successfully Port the sound from 10.6.3 to lion 10.7.3 ( current system tried about everything )
MultiBeast Audio (ALC8xxHDA + AppleHDA Rollback + 892 Enabler) is 10.6.2; try that. Remove all audio kexts that may have been installed in S/L/E, run MultiBeast, and restart. If no audio, reply with dsdt and a copy of IOReg.

This method worked great on my P7H55-M Pro (BIOS v.1604).
I downloaded DSDT from the database, and added HDEF section following toleda's guide here
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=58047
then installed dsdt.aml with MultiBeast and AppleHDA.kext in the first post with KextBeast.
Now I can see audio devices in System Preferences/Sound.
Sound works beautifully including optical SPDIF passthrough (I had to fix SPDIF static sound by setting output frequency to 48k in Audio MIDI app)

Thanks toleda!

I followed the instructions on this post to enable HDMI audio via HD 3000 on my Asus P8Z68-M Pro MB. HDMI does not show up in the preferences.

With the supplied AppleHDA.kext, I see three devices in my system preferences:
Internal Speakers - Built In
Line Out - Audio line-out port
Digital Out - Optical digital-out port

I don't see an HDMI port.

If I replace the binary, I don't see any outputs. I am attaching the modified DSDT for reference here.

Any advice or direction can be very helpful. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• DSDT-Asus-P8z68-M-Pro-HD3000-HDMI.dsl
    404.1 KB · Views: 78

venu2062 said:
I followed the instructions on this post to enable HDMI audio via HD 3000 on my Asus P8Z68-M Pro MB. HDMI does not show up in the preferences.
The dsdt edit for GFX0/IGPU are missing. See this guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=162&t=31948. Reply with a copy of IOReg.

toleda said:
venu2062 said:
The dsdt edit for GFX0/IGPU are missing. See this guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=162&t=31948. Reply with a copy of IOReg.

Thanks toledo. That worked. Now HDMI is in the output list and the audio works - I could play music videos on YouTube. I could not verify other outputs because I don't have any speakers connected to them.

I still have a possibly related problem. Some times the machine fails to boot and hangs with messages:

F718x: Fintek: Found unsupported chip ID=0xc3 REVISION=0x33
W836x: found unsupported chip ID=0xc3 REVISION=0x33

This happens only if I put the
Name (_UID, One) in Device (PCI0) close to the beginning of the block.

If I don't put it up there, the HD3000 does not seem to work: Video is at low res and there is no HDMI audio.

If I put it up there, the machine booting is hit or miss. Once it boots it seems to be quite stable.

By loading optimized defaults in BIOS I improved the odds of the machine booting up. But it is still not 100%.

If you cannot help, please point me to someone that may be able to.

I am attaching the original unedited DSDT from my MB and the one I am currently using, in case that helps.

Attachments

• dsdt-asus-p8z68-m-pro-3702.dsl
    411.1 KB · Views: 76
  • DSDT-P8Z68-M-Pro-patched-HDMI.dsl
    404.6 KB · Views: 76

venu2062 said:
Thanks toledo. That worked. Now HDMI is in the output list and the audio works - I could play music videos on YouTube. I could not verify other outputs because I don't have any speakers connected to them.

I still have a possibly related problem. Some times the machine fails to boot and hangs with messages:

F718x: Fintek: Found unsupported chip ID=0xc3 REVISION=0x33
W836x: found unsupported chip ID=0xc3 REVISION=0x33

The error message is info only, generated by a FakeSMC plugin and doesn't effect boot success. Why are you adding Name (_UID, One)? For more reliable HD3000 boot success, add device_id and snb-platform-id injection to IGPU in your dsdt per the guide.

toleda said:
venu2062 said:
The error message is info only, generated by a FakeSMC plugin and doesn't effect boot success. Why are you adding Name (_UID, One)? For more reliable HD3000 boot success, add device_id and snb-platform-id injection to IGPU in your dsdt per the guide.

Thanks for clearing up the error issue.

If I don't put the Name(_UID, One), the machine does not boot up unless I use PCIRootUID=1 in the boot flags. If there is an alternative, please let me know.

Not sure which guide you are referring to. I have seen/read too many guides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back