Contribute
Register

New Monterey install failed after the first step and loop reboot...

Status
Not open for further replies.
this morning, for example, the bar under the apple was very slow and stopped halfway. the hack restarted on its own. there I stopped it by pressing the off button of the tower. I restarted and it worked but I got an apple message written in several languages including Chinese saying that the Mac had not been shut down correctly…

Is it possible to use NVMe M.2 SSD on hack ? Maybe i can buy and try with a new ssd ?

This morning very slow start then stopped and restarted and went directly to the BIOS, it does not recognize my boot disc. What is strange is that I have the "picker" at the beginning.
My EFI folder I have to copy it on the EFI partition of my main disk?

make sure your bios settings are correct:

Disable:
Fast Boot
Secure Boot
Serial/COM Port
Parallel Port
VT-d (can be enabled if you set DisableIoMapper to YES)
CSM
Thunderbolt(For initial install, as Thunderbolt can cause issues if not setup correctly)
Intel SGX
Intel Platform Trust
CFG Lock (MSR 0xE2 write protection)(This must be off, if you can't find the option then enable AppleXcpmCfgLock under Kernel -> Quirks. Your hack will not boot with CFG-Lock enabled)

Enable:
VT-x
Above 4G decoding
Hyper-Threading
Execute Disable Bit
EHCI/XHCI Hand-off
OS type: Windows 8.1/10 UEFI Mode
DVMT Pre-Allocated(iGPU Memory): 64MB or 128MB
SATA Mode: AHCI
SATA1 hot plug: enable or disable ? wake up event by : BIOS or OS ?
thx

my system disk was not recognized in the bios. I had to turn off the machine and then turn it back on to see my disc in the bios and launch the boot, which went without problems...

Hello, I finally changed my ssd by a crucial one as recommended in the hardware guide and this time my ssd is recognized on cold start of my hack. All my screens work with my AMD radeon pro wx 7100. thank you all again for your patience and precious help. I think we can close this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back