CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I had another thread that I was discussing the problem with someone else and for some reason its been deleted.
Maybe because it was for high Sierra and not Mojave. Wish it had not been deleted as now I have to try and remember what I have done.

Heres the story. I had a Asus Maximus Hero VII running pretty darn stable on Mojave 10.14.2
Then the Hero VII just up and died. So I had to buy a refurb MOBO and I changed to Asus sabertooth Z97 mark II because
of it also being acceptable for Hackintosh and with a lower failure rate .

Everything went find after the BIOS changes and it booted up and ran the current install of Mojave that was on the EVO 500 when the Hero VII died.
That was shocking to say the least. And its working just fine with no issues other than it won't shut down. It drops the video output then does a restart like you had pushed the reset button. In order to get it to shutoff, I have to turn the power switch off on the PS.

So via searching on how to fix this problem I have done the following.
I went into my config.plist with clover configurator and ticked " fixshutdown" under DSDT
that did nothing for the problem

so I continued to search and saw the slide=0 thing being a resolution.
I then added the slide=0 to the boot options in BOOT and that also did nothing to resolve the issue .

Then I followed this thread to the letter - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-shutdown-reboot.267582/

[SOLVED]
1. enabling slide=0 field (boot) in Clover Configurator
2. removing AptioMemoryFix-64.efi from /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder
3. adding EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi into /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder
4. restart system

This also has not resolved the issue.
Im a NEWB and am no Hackintosh wizard.
Can anyone steer me in a direction to resolve the issue.
I can do a fresh install but id rather not since everything is working fine aside from this shutdown issue.

This is what im working with
Mojave 10.14.2
Mac Pro ( Mid 2012 ) - Could this be an issue ? It was the only way I could get preview working.
Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark II motherboard
I7-4790K Haswell Processor
RX-580 GPU

I will attach my config.plist ( not that I know how to manipulate it correctly because I certainly do not )

Thanks in advance for any help.....

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-11-08 at 12.39.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-08 at 12.39.53 PM.png
    221.2 KB · Views: 64
  • Screen Shot 2019-11-08 at 12.40.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-11-08 at 12.40.28 PM.png
    210 KB · Views: 88
  • config.plist
    1.5 KB · Views: 66
I had another thread that I was discussing the problem with someone else and for some reason its been deleted.
Maybe because it was for high Sierra and not Mojave. Wish it had not been deleted as now I have to try and remember what I have done.

Heres the story. I had a Asus Maximus Hero VII running pretty darn stable on Mojave 10.14.2
Then the Hero VII just up and died. So I had to buy a refurb MOBO and I changed to Asus sabertooth Z97 mark II because
of it also being acceptable for Hackintosh and with a lower failure rate .

Everything went find after the BIOS changes and it booted up and ran the current install of Mojave that was on the EVO 500 when the Hero VII died.
That was shocking to say the least. And its working just fine with no issues other than it won't shut down. It drops the video output then does a restart like you had pushed the reset button. In order to get it to shutoff, I have to turn the power switch off on the PS.

So via searching on how to fix this problem I have done the following.
I went into my config.plist with clover configurator and ticked " fixshutdown" under DSDT
that did nothing for the problem

so I continued to search and saw the slide=0 thing being a resolution.
I then added the slide=0 to the boot options in BOOT and that also did nothing to resolve the issue .

Then I followed this thread to the letter - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-shutdown-reboot.267582/

[SOLVED]
1. enabling slide=0 field (boot) in Clover Configurator
2. removing AptioMemoryFix-64.efi from /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder
3. adding EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi into /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder
4. restart system

This also has not resolved the issue.
Im a NEWB and am no Hackintosh wizard.
Can anyone steer me in a direction to resolve the issue.
I can do a fresh install but id rather not since everything is working fine aside from this shutdown issue.

This is what im working with
Mojave 10.14.2
Mac Pro ( Mid 2012 ) - Could this be an issue ? It was the only way I could get preview working.
Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark II motherboard
I7-4790K Haswell Processor
RX-580 GPU

I will attach my config.plist ( not that I know how to manipulate it correctly because I certainly do not )

Thanks in advance for any help.....
this thread:
?

this thread:
?

Annnnnnd there ya go. I looked in my thread subs and couldn't find it . lol
told ya I was a NEWB dummy...
Still need the help though. I will go to that other thread and post a redirect to this one since it was originally
for high Sierra. Thanks for shining the light on the thread I'd thought I lost or was deleted.

Interesting observation. I put it to sleep via the apple menu and the display shut down, then the system went to sleep. I let it sit in that condition for a few minutes. Then I hit the return key to wake it up and I heard the post beep and it started up like it had been powered down.
Anyone have any ideas ?

Use this tool and upload your problem reporting files:

and maybe someone may be able to help

Use this tool and upload your problem reporting files:

and maybe someone may be able to help

Here is what I'm getting . Im following the instructions and hitting F4 at the Clover boot screen.
After the F4 , I have to click on the icon of the Mojave drive to finish the boot up.
Im sure im doing something wrong.

Screen Shot 2019-11-14 at 6.55.05 AM.png

Here is what I'm getting . Im following the instructions and hitting F4 at the Clover boot screen.
After the F4 , I have to click on the icon of the Mojave drive to finish the boot up.
Im sure im doing something wrong.

View attachment 435874
press f2 and f4 at the clover boot screen (you won't see anything happening) then boot into macOS and try running the script again

press f2 and f4 at the clover boot screen (you won't see anything happening) then boot into macOS and try running the script again

ok, I started from a power off condition.
When clover boot screen came up I pressed F2 then F4 and then F2+F4 because I was unsure of wether you wanted them separate or together. here is the result after completing boot up
My clover version is 4934 if that makes a difference.
And this is the command line I'm running in terminal
chmod a+x ~/Downloads/install_tools.sh
~/Downloads/install_tools.sh

Screen Shot 2019-11-14 at 11.28.15 AM.png

Last edited:
Anyone know why F2 / F4 isn't working ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back