Contribute
Register

New Intel NUC NUC8i7BEH compatibily

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, and your current EFI/Clover cannot be expected to work. For example, you're patching _OSI->XOSZ but have no XOSI method. It is in SSDT-NUC8-BC.aml, but your SSDT-NUC8-BC.aml is not loading as you have no ACPI/patched with it.

Also, your config.plist has a lot of diffs from the github plist... maybe because it was manged by Clover Configurator (don't use Clover Configurator, as you never know what it is going to change).

But yeah, I haven't tested with 1.2.3... as I'm building current WhateverGreen locally and using that. And I think we do need LiluFriend (going with my LiluFriendLite initially to see if works without having an actual LiluFriend binary). Otherwise you need the -liluoff, rebuild cache, reboot sequence to get a stable kernel cache for Lilu plugins.

The changes for LiluFriend are almost ready.

Check your BIOS settings/BIOS version too.
Thank you for the info. Here is the gen_debug dump. I was using WhateverGreen.kext v1.2.3 release. I suspect that was the reason. I'll try to use v1.2.4 build when I get a chance. Thanks.

FYI: LiluFriendLite changes are in (and a few other cleanups).

FYI: LiluFriendLite changes are in (and a few other cleanups).
Thank you for the update. I did another test today with your latest Intel NUC patch, and built my own WhateverGreen v1.2.4. Below are the test details:
  • Intel-NUC-DSDT-Patch #4365294
  • Clover v2.4 r4700
  • Lilu v1.2.7.Release
  • WhateverGreen v1.2.4 #25f7e60
  • LiluFriendLite v.0.5
  • macOS 10.14.1 Beta 3 (18B57c)
Unfortunately I still couldn't boot the system. Encountered a kernel panic "[IGFB][PANIC] Power well hardware state update failed".

Since I couldn't get into the system to use gen_debug, I manually packaged the CLOVER EFI folder with F2 (bootlog) and F4 (ACPI dump) info. Please see attached. I also double checked my BIOS and made sure my BIOS is latest version, and IGD minimum memory is set 64 MB.

Maybe we have other kexts that are different, or because our CPU difference (i5-8259u vs i7-8559u) makes the DSDT patch not working?

Otherwise you need the -liluoff, rebuild cache, reboot sequence to get a stable kernel cache for Lilu plugins.

I also tried -liluoff, but I still got a kernel panic. Could you share the CLOVER folder that working on your NUC8i7BEH? I can try the full folder on my NUC to see if it works or not. Thank you for your help!

Attachments

• debug_Clover_Folder_NUC8i5BEK.zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 141
Last edited:
Thank you for the update. I did another test today with your latest Intel NUC patch, and built my own WhateverGreen v1.2.4. Below are the test details:
  • Intel-NUC-DSDT-Patch #4365294
  • Clover v2.4 r4700
  • Lilu v1.2.7.Release
  • WhateverGreen v1.2.4 #25f7e60
  • LiluFriendLite v.0.5
  • macOS 10.14.1 Beta 3 (18B57c)
Unfortunately I still couldn't boot the system. Encountered a kernel panic "[IGFB][PANIC] Power well hardware state update failed".

Since I couldn't get into the system to use gen_debug, I manually packaged the CLOVER EFI folder with F2 (bootlog) and F4 (ACPI dump) info. Please see attached. I also double checked my BIOS and made sure my BIOS is latest version, and IGD minimum memory is set 64 MB.

Maybe we have other kexts that are different, or because our CPU difference (i5-8259u vs i7-8559u) makes the DSDT patch not working?

I also tried -liluoff, but I still got a kernel panic. Could you share the CLOVER folder that working on your NUC8i7BEH? I can try the full folder on my NUC to see if it works or not. Thank you for your help!

I think I had that KP once. It was due to a wrong BIOS setting, but now I don't remember which one (maybe lack of legacy boot enable). I will experiment with BIOS settings and see if I can find the one.

Note:
- no need for RealtekRTL8111.kext in kexts/Other. This device has Intel Ethernet (INtelMausiEthernet.kext)
- no need for LiluFriendLite.kext in kexts/Other. That is only for install to /L/E (install_downloads.sh creates and installs it)
- XHCI-300-series-injector.kext is deprecated. You can remove it (a future version of the scripts will tidy that up for you)
- I'm using my own RehabMan build of Clover (linked by the guide)

Last edited:
My NUC8i5BEK just arrived and I am having the same difficulties as you. I downloaded Mojave from the AppStore, created an installer via the “install media” method in rehabmans guide and am still getting KP on boot. Have not even successfully booted into installer.

Appears to be related to the integrated graphics. Using the latest versions of lilu + whatevergreen but that shouldn’t be required as this i5-8259u + Iris Plus 655 graphics are native in Mojave?

Have followed the NUC7 guide extensively, but can’t seem to boot with Mojave? Will be trying HS

Attachments

• 0761E409-1553-4A64-83C6-9AC3446E8D5B.jpeg
    0761E409-1553-4A64-83C6-9AC3446E8D5B.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 360
My NUC8i5BEK just arrived and I am having the same difficulties as you. I downloaded Mojave from the AppStore, created an installer via the “install media” method in rehabmans guide and am still getting KP on boot. Have not even successfully booted into installer.

Appears to be related to the integrated graphics. Using the latest versions of lilu + whatevergreen but that shouldn’t be required as this i5-8259u + Iris Plus 655 graphics are native in Mojave?

Have followed the NUC7 guide extensively, but can’t seem to boot with Mojave? Will be trying HS

Check your BIOS settings.
Like I said before, I had that same KP at one point, and I think it was due to legacy boot not enabled, or maybe it was due to fast boot not disabled.

EDIT: Just tested here. Must enable legacy boot. Without legacy boot, you will get KP.

Last edited:
EDIT: Just tested here. Must enable legacy boot. Without legacy boot, you will get KP.

It worked! I just enabled Legacy Boot in BIOS and now I can enter Mojave with graphic acceleration. Thank you very much for the help. I never thought legacy boot is related with KP.

Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 5.36.09 PM.png

There is one strange issue came out. After the system is booted, everything looks pink. The color of the screen is far off. Here is a photo I took. I was holding a white paper in my hand as comparison. When the apple logo is shown first time during boot, the color is normal. As soon as graphics driver loaded, the color become pink.

Pink Screen.jpg

This issue can be resolved by turn my monitor off and on again. The issue persists every time I boot the system. It's quite annoying if I have to turn on/off my monitor like this every time. Not sure if there is a way to fix this issue.

Another not-so-urgent issue is that my second monitor, which is connected to thunderbolt via USB-C-to-hdmi connector, is not working. I can see two monitors in system information, but the screen is just black. Looks like that monitor are not receiving any signals. Maybe there are connector settings I need to fix in config.plist?

The audio seems working. I can see internal audio device and Display Port audio device.

The last thing is that system reboot/shutdown issue is still there. Hope we can get it fixed soon. Thanks.

It worked! I just enabled Legacy Boot in BIOS and now I can enter Mojave with graphic acceleration. Thank you very much for the help. I never thought legacy boot is related with KP.

View attachment 358825

There is one strange issue came out. After the system is booted, everything looks pink. The color of the screen is far off. Here is a photo I took. I was holding a white paper in my hand as comparison. When the apple logo is shown first time during boot, the color is normal. As soon as graphics driver loaded, the color become pink.

View attachment 358827

This issue can be resolved by turn my monitor off and on again. The issue persists every time I boot the system. It's quite annoying if I have to turn on/off my monitor like this every time. Not sure if there is a way to fix this issue.

Another not-so-urgent issue is that my second monitor, which is connected to thunderbolt via USB-C-to-hdmi connector, is not working. I can see two monitors in system information, but the screen is just black. Looks like that monitor are not receiving any signals. Maybe there are connector settings I need to fix in config.plist?

The audio seems working. I can see internal audio device and Display Port audio device.

The last thing is that system reboot/shutdown issue is still there. Hope we can get it fixed soon. Thanks.

What kind of monitor is it? How is it connected?
Does the monitor have any HDMI options in its settings?

I was able to get the USB-C to a DP monitor working, but you must use hotplug.
I was booting to the HDMI, then plugging the USB-C->DP->Monitor.

I had to do a display override file for my Dell u2410 to fix the EDID. This bug has come and gone with different versions of macOS/OS X and dependencies on which Intel graphics hardware was in use (for example, it worked find without an override in High Sierra, then broke in Mojave). But the problem wasn't pink screen, so it may not apply. Still, you might check: https://gist.github.com/adaugherity/7435890

If you have a 4k monitor, you may need -cdfon kernel flag. I can't remember if I put it in the plist or not.

great to see progress!

Took your advice and was able to get into install, have made it through the second shutdown and restart and am stuck where it says "About 14 minutes remaining.." and its just stuck. Have read through @RehabMan 's post and @Justdoit have experienced the same problems. What did you do to solve this? I saw some on 10.13.6 but I am not having any luck going back and installing HS.

Installing Mojave 10.14 and am experiencing power management problems where I have to do a hard shutdown. Gonna keep trouble shooting. Just need to get installed so I can get troubleshooting.

Last edited:
am stuck where it says "About 14 minutes remaining.." and its just stuck

The stuck at "About 14 minutes remaining..." have two possible causes: the first one is the installation file/media is corrupted. I re-made a new installation disk on another usb drive and then passed this. The second cause is the power management issue, i.e. hard shutdown. The installer may tried to reboot your machine but just stuck. You can try to hard reboot and go back to the Installer boot entry, or the regular macOS boot entry in Clover, to see if you can continue installation.

Both RehabMan and I are still have the hard shutdown/reboot issue. Haven't figured out how to solve it yet.

great to see progress!

Took your advice and was able to get into install, have made it through the second shutdown and restart and am stuck where it says "About 14 minutes remaining.." and its just stuck. Have read through @RehabMan 's post and @Justdoit have experienced the same problems. What did you do to solve this? I saw some on 10.13.6 but I am not having any luck going back and installing HS.

Installing Mojave 10.14 and am experiencing power management problems where I have to do a hard shutdown. Gonna keep trouble shooting. Just need to get installed so I can get troubleshooting.

As I wrote earlier, I did all install procedures on my NUC7, then physically moved the SSD to the NUC8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back