Contribute
Register

New install for ASUS TUF Gaming Z790-Plus WiFi D4 w/i7-13700K CPU

hi, I updated bios to 1402 but lost user profile and user profile from usb created on older bios does not work. I set all settings manually but getting instant reboots right after login into MacOS. Can you kindly share your bios settings? thank you
Hey, just read and I have the same problem. Any ideas?

Hi everyone! This is a new one. I'm building my 2nd hack and went for the z790-plus with DDR5 RAM. I cloned my old hack and changed the EFI with the one I'm attaching. It boots well, but after a minute crash.
Would someone be so kind to check my EFI and see if somethings wrong?
My CPU is a i7-14700K.
Thanks!
You should update your signature with the new build info including your graphics card ,and then also tell us what version of OSX you are loading. I can see your USB Ports aren't mapped correctly, everything is shown as USB 3 including USBC. There are also internal ports not accounted for that are probably in use.

Last edited:
You should update your signature and then also tell us what version of OSX you are loading.
Ok, sorry. I was waiting for the new hack to be up and running. Coming right away.

You should update your signature with the new build info including your graphics card and then also tell us what version of OSX you are loading. I can see your USB Ports aren't mapped correctly, everything is shown as USB 3 including USBC. There are also internal ports not accounted for that are probably in use.
Thanks but what about the sudden crash?

So, I tried to boot without the RJ45, and it works. So something must be wrong with the ethernet connection.
You aren't loading anything that would enable ethernet, usually that doesn't cause a crash though.

A big and grateful THANK YOU to everyone in this thread who has contributed knowledge and tips and advice.

I just updated from a Skylake i5 to an Alder Lake i5 KF and the system is running well!

I need to sort out WiFi and Bluetooth, but to be frank I've not spent enough time searching to be in a position to ask informed questions yet so I'll be back ASAP. I'm sticking to Ventura for now at least until I find out what's going on with connectivity.

I did have a question today though: How are you keeping the CPU cool? I know it's not a hack-specific question but I'm using the same Assassin 120 (the single fin, single fan version not the $35 dual fan) and my temps are up 10C+ under load. I realise this is not unexpected and that Skylake was easier to tame than 12th gen...

Does our mobo work with the bigger Assassin cooler? Or are people using AIO?

Thanks again!

Back