Contribute
Register

New install for ASUS TUF Gaming Z790-Plus WiFi D4 w/i7-13700K CPU

I have the 6800 XT, too. I installed Ventura 13.4 (OC 0.9.2) on new system (Asus Rog Strix z790-h i9 139000K 128GB DDR5 RAM Radeon 6800 XT) but after the installation, the screen remains black on the login screen. I have reviewed your EFI all the things that need to be done are the same.

For Navi21, agdpmod=pikera and Lilu ve Whatevergreen kext should have been enough. I was not having any problems in Big Sur. Anyone have an idea about this? or any solution?

thanks
You don't say if you updated to the latest Opencore and or updated your kexts. Have you done that? Sometimes display issues have to be investigated via hardware, Display Port is suggested as best output, have you tried the different ports on the card to see if that makes a difference? Does HDMI work? Occasionally it's the cable itself or even the monitor but that's pretty rare.
EDIT: Also check the Device properties section of your config.plist and make sure its not referencing anything display related.

Last edited:
Hi @Leesureone, all up to date (*add screen capture ). I'm already using displayport. There are 3 out on the device, I tried them all. nothing has changed. HDMI doesn't work either. I also tried different cable. I also tried on a different monitor, still same

In my config file, the dp section is completely empty. I know that there was no need to enter anything here because the 6800xt is navi21. At least it was working with bootarg(agdpmod=pikera) without entering anything for Big sur.

By the way, I did what someone said in the forum who turned off the -v mode and found the solution, and it didn't work either.

thank you for your help

*USB ports appear to be closed in the screenshot, but I have tried all kinds of things. I created the usb ports with usbport tool exe.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-05-30 at 17.04.40.png
    Screen Shot 2023-05-30 at 17.04.40.png
    478.3 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Hi @Leesureone, all up to date (*add screen capture ). I'm already using displayport. There are 3 out on the device, I tried them all. nothing has changed. HDMI doesn't work either. I also tried different cable. I also tried on a different monitor, still same

In my config file, the dp section is completely empty. I know that there was no need to enter anything here because the 6800xt is navi21. At least it was working with bootarg(agdpmod=pikera) without entering anything for Big sur.

By the way, I did what someone said in the forum who turned off the -v mode and found the solution, and it didn't work either.

thank you for your help

*USB ports appear to be closed in the screenshot, but I have tried all kinds of things. I created the usb ports with usbport tool exe.
I'd suggest at this point uploading your entire EFI folder, zipped, less serial numbers, for more help.

Sure, here is the EFI file. There is a mistake somewhere, but I can't figure it out. Thank you
The EFI you uploaded looks to be an almost identical copy of @MrMinimizer so as to why it boots to a black screen with your 6800XT is tough to determine. Have you tried it with a different video card? Also how hard have you looked at your bios settings? Maybe you need to change the default Video output in it to dGPU.
One last thing to offer, have you tried this version of the EFI for this board? #377

EDIT: I was just rereading your original post and see you have 128 GB of RAM, I'd try using only the two primary banks and see if that makes a difference. With the outset of the 690 boards more than 32 GB RAM proved problematic. I think more recent BIOS versions have helped but its something else to try.
You don't say so I have to ask, does it boot into other operating systems successfully?

Last edited:
@Leesureone I tried a lot. I have two graphics cards MSI 5700XT and 6800xt. The 6800xt is currently running smoothly on Big Sur 11.6 OC 0.8.2. I inserted my other card and tried with it, it didn't work that way either. I am constantly stuck with a black screen.

#377 I'll try this EFI and let you know the result. thank you

@Leesureone I tried a lot. I have two graphics cards MSI 5700XT and 6800xt. The 6800xt is currently running smoothly on Big Sur 11.6 OC 0.8.2. I inserted my other card and tried with it, it didn't work that way either. I am constantly stuck with a black screen.

#377 I'll try this EFI and let you know the result. thank you
Okay, ignore that last bit if the same configuration boots Big Sur.

oh man, Although most things are the same, I installed from with this EFI. (new SATA disk). I was able to install without any problems and finally no black screen problem. EFI helped me a lot thanks.

oh man, Although most things are the same, I installed from with this EFI. (new SATA disk). I was able to install without any problems and finally no black screen problem. EFI helped me a lot thanks.
I'm wondering if something was corrupted in your original EFI or if you needed the Device Properties enabled in the version I linked. Regardless you should thank @D-an-W

anything can happen :) thanks tou @D-an-W

Anyway, at least I did a clean install.

I think there is a problem with wifi, bluetooth and audio codes.

AppleALC.kext was sufficient for the S1220A before. doesn't seem to work now

Back