Contribute
Register

New Gigabyte 100 Motherboards Compatibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte
CPU
Skylake
Graphics
R7 370
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello everyone,

I'm sorry if there's already answer to my question somewhere, I searched the forum but did not find anything. I have Gigabyte G1 Gaming GA - H170 G3 with the new socked, i5 6500 and DDR4 and when I tried to install OS I got to a point where i see "forbidden" sign after the loading underneath the apple logo. The BIOS looks a bit different from the one in the guides with a little less options. So my question is have you heard of any news of available support for the new hardware, a guide or anything. It would be very helpful and greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much!

Hello everyone,

I'm sorry if there's already answer to my question somewhere, I searched the forum but did not find anything. I have Gigabyte G1 Gaming GA - H170 G3 with the new socked, i5 6500 and DDR4 and when I tried to install OS I got to a point where i see "forbidden" sign after the loading underneath the apple logo. The BIOS looks a bit different from the one in the guides with a little less options. So my question is have you heard of any news of available support for the new hardware, a guide or anything. It would be very helpful and greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much!

Did you read through this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-desktop-guides/179221-skylake-starter-guide.html ? It's quite comprehensive, and is the best one we have for the new Skylake platform.

Did you read through this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-desktop-guides/179221-skylake-starter-guide.html ? It's quite comprehensive, and is the best one we have for the new Skylake platform.

Hello and thank you very much for your answer. I did went trough the tread and tried everything, but I end up only getting to something like white stop sign after at the middle of the installation in place of the Apple logo. Any ideas what could be the problem?

In a meantime I bought HP Probook 6570b from e-bay for 200$ with new charger and battery and made it work thanks to this website. It works "like magic" now and I'm very happy about it. Still, if I can make my PC run the OS would be great.

Thank you very much for your help. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back