RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
MOD-172653_NVIDIA_Quadro_K6000-3qtr.jpg

Yesterday, NVIDIA announced a new flagship GPU; the Quadro K6000. It is based off Kepler architecture and this GPU bolsters some impressive specs:

• 12GB DDR5 graphics memory
  • 2,880 streamline multiprocessor
  • supports four simultaneous displays and up to 4k resolution with display port 1.2
  • ultra-low latency video I/O and large scale visualization support.

It is also supposed to contain five-times higher compute performance and nearly double the graphics capability its predecessor, the Quadro 6000 GPU.

Pricing is not available yet but should be available some time this fall.

Related:
http://nvidianews.nvidia.com/MultiMedia/NVIDIA-R-Quadro-R-K6000-GPU-974.aspx

I feel sorry for the new mac pro :(.

You could probably use this in a thunderbolt external enclosure with the new MacPro

Only for compute CUDA/OpenCL but not for OpenGL/DirectX apps/viewports like maya, 3d max. mudbox, zbrush, Mari, modo etc. By default those programs will use one and only firepro (w\o Mari).

View attachment 62368

Yesterday, NVIDIA announced a new flagship GPU; the Quadro K6000. It is based off Kepler architecture and this GPU bolsters some impressive specs:

• 12GB DDR5 graphics memory
  • 2,880 streamline multiprocessor
  • supports four simultaneous displays and up to 4k resolution with display port 1.2
  • ultra-low latency video I/O and large scale visualization support.

It is also supposed to contain five-times higher compute performance and nearly double the graphics capability its predecessor, the Quadro 6000 GPU.

Pricing is not available yet but should be available some time this fall.

Related:
http://nvidianews.nvidia.com/MultiMedia/NVIDIA-R-Quadro-R-K6000-GPU-974.aspx

Nice!

The Quadro 6000 sells for $3,700. So I suppose as a reference this might give an idea of the price range for the K6000.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133347&Tpk=Quadro%206000%206GB

You could probably use this in a thunderbolt external enclosure with the new MacPro

Unfortunately Thunderbolt (even Thunderbolt 2) does not have the necessary bandwidth for graphics cards. Remember that basically you are getting a 1x Pci-E 3 lane with Thunderbolt, compared this card needing at least an 8x Pci-E 3 lane. (recommended 16x- but we all know that these cards can't even use that anyway...).

So personally- Thunderbolt is great for HDD's, oh, and HDD's. Maybe an audio interface here and there, but seriously, audio is fine on USB2!!!

Holy crap! It has almost as much Ram as my computer! Too bad it costs about 5 times as much as my computer...

I think that someone should make a pci port that allows for external pci devices.

Look closer :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back