Contribute
Register

New Fan Control DSDT - for silent fan at higher temps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it does.

OK, so you know your fan is working.

I'm sorry I've realized my problem, I used the option to keep fan off while not plugged in in the probook installer.

Huh? There is no such option in the ProBook Installer.

I'm looking over your forums to learn how to edit DSDT and such. Any advice?

What is the fan behavior behavior you wish to have?

I like its' current behavior. I just want it to also work while unplugged. thanks so much! I donated to this forum, do you see any of that? You've helped me quite a bit with your guides and responses, do you get part of the forum donations?

I like its' current behavior. I just want it to also work while unplugged. thanks so much!

There is a BIOS option for fan related to battery/AC power. You might try switching that.

I donated to this forum, do you see any of that? You've helped me quite a bit with your guides and responses, do you get part of the forum donations?

No... I just help to be helpful...

Is it possible to control fans on PC?

only one option regarding fan/AC [Fan always on when connected to AC Power] and it was checked.

only one option regarding fan/AC [Fan always on when connected to AC Power] and it was checked.

So what is the behavior when running on battery?
Do you have a working fan when at the Chimera screen on battery only?

So what is the behavior when running on battery?
Do you have a working fan when at the Chimera screen on battery only?

Fan still only on when plugged in.
Regarding Chimera Screen, I've still yet to be able to boot without Unibeast USB so I couldn't say. But, within Unibeast boot screen (option to install or boot osx) the fan does not turn on unless plugged in.

Fan still only on when plugged in.
Regarding Chimera Screen, I've still yet to be able to boot without Unibeast USB so I couldn't say. But, within Unibeast boot screen (option to install or boot osx) the fan does not turn on unless plugged in.

All bets are off if you're not booting from your HDD and are still using the Unibeast USB.

Solve your boot problem first, then come back to this problem if it still exists after getting your system to boot properly...

You should also probably do an EC reset: shutdown, remove battery, remove AC plug, hold power button 30 sec, put everything back & restart.

All bets are off if you're not booting from your HDD and are still using the Unibeast USB.

Solve your boot problem first, then come back to this problem if it still exists after getting your system to boot properly...

You should also probably do an EC reset: shutdown, remove battery, remove AC plug, hold power button 30 sec, put everything back & restart.

Will do. I'll work on it tomorrow. Thanks again for all the help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back