Contribute
Register

New Fan Control DSDT - for silent fan at higher temps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There isn't really the possibility of having different on/off points as you are asking. I didn't think having it behave that way was a good idea, so I didn't write the code that way. My solution will hold the fan at its current speed, even if the temperature has changed where a new fan speed "should" be eventually selected, based on the timers established by FCTU/FCTD. You may have shortened those timers to such a degree that they don't serve their original purpose (to reduce unnecessary fan speed adjustments).

Ahh ok. Thanks for the explanation. The reason I found the windows version so useful was because I have a quad core in my 4330s and so when I run my music production programs, I get high temps and the fan is on full blast, I ended up adjusting the threshold fan temperatures to get a balance between heat and fan noise. Thats why I adjusted the timers to be so short, since sometimes the fan kicks on high and then takes a while to drop back down.

I will just keep playing with the timers until i get what i'm looking for.

Thanks for all the help and explanations.

Ahh ok. Thanks for the explanation. The reason I found the windows version so useful was because I have a quad core in my 4330s and so when I run my music production programs, I get high temps and the fan is on full blast, I ended up adjusting the threshold fan temperatures to get a balance between heat and fan noise. Thats why I adjusted the timers to be so short, since sometimes the fan kicks on high and then takes a while to drop back down.

I will just keep playing with the timers until i get what i'm looking for.

Thanks for all the help and explanations.

this looks interesting. about to do a fresh clean install for testing. Rehabman, is it possible to include an optional fan control setup in the pro book installer or its best to not put in , it can confuse a lot of noobs such as me.

this looks interesting. about to do a fresh clean install for testing. Rehabman, is it possible to include an optional fan control setup in the pro book installer or its best to not put in , it can confuse a lot of noobs such as me.

The option to install the quiet fan is already in the installer. You can choose to install it or not install it and have the 'regular' fan behaviour. Just run the probookInstaller.pkg and you'll see the 3 fan options. Just choose what you want.

RehabMan differ 04a_FanPatch.txt, 04b_FanQuiet.txt, 04c_FanSpeed.txt? Sorry, do not know much en language.

You can do just as before all_exp.txt and all.txt? for the 4530s ar9285 1366x768.

Where normal ssdt it did with ProBook Installer, before everything was fine, now it became difficult to deal with DSDT ssdt iasl.

Make ProBook Installer as before, for each cpu your ssdt.

RehabMan differ 04a_FanPatch.txt, 04b_FanQuiet.txt, 04c_FanSpeed.txt? Sorry, do not know much en language.

You can do just as before all_exp.txt and all.txt? for the 4530s ar9285 1366x768.

Where normal ssdt it did with ProBook Installer, before everything was fine, now it became difficult to deal with DSDT ssdt iasl.

Make ProBook Installer as before, for each cpu your ssdt.

See here: https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch/wiki/How-to-patch-your-DSDT

RehabMan thank you very much. Do I understand to choose 4530s ar9285 1366x768-4x30s.txt, 03a_HDMI.txt, 08_AR9285.txt and such 04a_FanPatch.txt, all right, nothing else is needed?

RehabMan thank you very much. Do I understand to choose 4530s ar9285 1366x768-4x30s.txt, 03a_HDMI.txt, 08_AR9285.txt and such 04a_FanPatch.txt, all right, nothing else is needed?

Read that wiki. Everything you need to do is detailed there, step-by-step.

You can also patch your DSDT with the ProBook Installer v6.1b8.

How do i turn off kext that keeps the fan off unless plugged in?

My fan is not turning on at all. I used the quiet fan options in the probook installer. I've reached up to 70C by running multiple adobe applications and fan never turned on. This seem to me like a problem. Die 1, 2 and heatsink typically hover around 60C.

Does your fan turn on when you're just sitting at the Chimera screen?

Does your fan turn on when you're just sitting at the Chimera screen?

Yes, it does. I'm sorry I've realized my problem, I used the option to keep fan off while not plugged in in the probook installer. I'm looking over your forums to learn how to edit DSDT and such. Any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back