Gigabyte Designare Z390
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,
I am shopping for a new hackintosh system (this will be my first) and I was reading the forum to decide on the components.

I will go for a GA mobo one of the GA-P67A-UD3/UD4/UD7-B3
with possibly a i5 2500k.

- Is there currently USB3 support?
- what Bluetooth adapter should I get in order to have it supported in OSX (for keyboards, mouse etc)? In the forum I saw that USB-BT21 Mini Bluetooth Dongle would work. Also in the custom builds I saw also Targus USB Bluetooth Adapter. Is there anything else that is supported?
- GPU. I am nowhere close to a graphics card expert and saw that in the SB builds many people used the ATI 5770 and ATI 5870. Should I go with ATI or Nvidia and does it make a difference if I use different versions of the same card (e.g. Gordo74 mentioned that he used a ATI 5870 - SAPPHIRE 100281-3SR instead of a Asus Radeon HD 5870 1GB V2)?
- Finally razormy in viewtopic.php?f=79&t=18406 has some problems: "F'n mouse jerkyness". Is this a common issue in the hackintosh builds?

Thanks!!!!

USB3 - Yep. Renesas drivers/kext. It's included in MultiBeast :¬)

Not a BT user, but the first one you mentioned has been reported working.

GPU - Apple write native drivers since the Mac Pro's use them, which is why many of us choose that route. 6870 is also a great buy, a lot cheaper than the 5870 but only marginally slower. I use an XFX 5870, the brand is negligible :¬)

I personally recommended Asus over GB. The current GB BIOS is unstable and annoys many people, on many different forums (especially those overclocking). I returned a UD4 before going to the Sabertooth (based on the P8P67 Pro). The Asus UEFI BIOS is fantastic. Plus you can overclock by multiplier with Asus, which you cannot with GB (limited to Turbo o/c after deleting AppleCPUPowerMangement, which means GB boards may never be able to get power saving modes working fully).

Plus, if you go the P8P67 Pro + ATI route, you can use this excellent, and simple, installer:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=252849

I spent a while getting this build optimised, and when looking at the drivers in the CD, it matched my set-up perfectly. Plus the bootloader in it is fantastic (Tony has just mirrored the same kind of bootloader in the latest MultiBeast as it is so popular).

+1 vote for ASUS P8P67 here :)
Additionally, with this board you don't have to worry about buying compatible bluetooth adapter, as built-in bluetooth chip is now supported :headbang: (note that P8P67 LE doesn't have BT though)

Hi!
Thanks for the reply!!!
I never really liked the Asus P5Q PRO Turbo that I have.
I had many problems with RAID issues that I never had before
with GA MOBOs.

What is the difference of the Sabertooth with the others P8P67?
(will check the asus site :) )

What do reccommend for ram?
I was planning on getting
4x4GB G.Skill RipJawsX 1600MHz Dual Channel

Yoga, thanks for the tip on the GPU!

Just ordered a P8P67 myself, along with a Radeon 5770.
Do you think that your insanelymac link above http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=252849
will work with that mobo as well (as it is non-PRO)?
And yes, what are the Sabertooth differences...can anyone fill us in? Could still change the order, if they're much better or sumthin'..

Blofeld said:
Do you think that your insanelymac link above http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=252849

Yes, I more or less followed that topic with my P8P67. Important: you shouldn't reboot after installing 10.6.7, but right away run Andy's package (and don't forget to copy it). You can actually try either way.

drcrack said:
Blofeld said:

Yes, I more or less followed that topic with my P8P67. Important: you shouldn't reboot after installing 10.6.7, but right away run Andy's package (and don't forget to copy it). You can actually try either way.

so you're saying, step *6 in the instructions should be skipped (the reboot), right?

Blofeld said:
drcrack said:

so you're saying, step *6 in the instructions should be skipped (the reboot), right?

For me -- yes, definitely, it doesn't work with step 6.
But I have 5870. However, in this guide viewtopic.php?f=79&t=16873 the author also got it working with rebooting after update, and he has 5770. Try both ;)

thanks for your info, I'll try *twiddling thumbs, waiting for DHL* ;)

sakoula said:
Hi!
What do reccommend for ram?
I was planning on getting
4x4GB G.Skill RipJawsX 1600MHz Dual Channel

I'm using this:
DDR3 8Gb (2x4Gb) PC3-12800 1600MHz DIMM G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series, F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM

Never tried it for overclocking, but it works ok. I don't think RAM has much importance, just get one listed compatible for your MB, and I heard RAM should be 1.5V for SB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back