Contribute
Register

new build SB USB3, BT, GPU support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah yes! Of course, you fixed the BT problem :¬)

Sakoula: The Sabertooth is essentially a P8P67 Pro using some higher spec components from the Maximums Extreme, along with an extended 5 year warranty. It also has the cooling 'flak jacket', which wasn't really a factor in my decision.

Thanks!

I noticed that some of the Asus P67 mobos have an Intel network card and some others the realtek. Are both supported?

Also I noticed that the P8P67 comes in 2 flavors a plain P8P67 and a P8P67 (REV 3.1). Are they both supported?

Also is there any support for the RAID of the motherboard in the ASUS or GA MOBOS in OSX?

Thanks again for your help!

sakoula said:
Thanks!

I noticed that some of the Asus P67 mobos have an Intel network card and some others the realtek. Are both supported?

Also I noticed that the P8P67 comes in 2 flavors a plain P8P67 and a P8P67 (REV 3.1). Are they both supported?

Also is there any support for the RAID of the motherboard in the ASUS or GA MOBOS in OSX?

Rev.3 only means they are the ones with the fixed SATA chipsets - they're the ones to get (all the rev.1's have been recalled anyway).

sakoula said:
Thanks!

Yes, both supported by MultiBeast.

Yep, although it's best not to boot from a RAID drive. OS X has software RAID (Disk Utility) which is often recommended as the best option (BIOS/hardware RAID can be risky).

Hi again,
Thanks for all of your help.
As I am reading more and more into this forum I have the feeling that up to now
Gigabyte motherboards have been better into hackintoshing but now with the
new SB Asus motherboards it seems that Asus has done a better job.
(As Yoga mentiones Gigabyte's BIOS in SB mobos are buggy and there is a
problem with the multiplier etc for overclocking).

However I see that the site has more support for Gigagyte motherboard than Asus.
Does this mean that Gigabyte mobos are more supported than Asus in the
hackintosh community?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back