Contribute
Register

New build. Gigabyte Gaming 5. i7 4790k. GTX970.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z97X-Gaming 5
CPU
i7-4790k
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello. I have not messed with hackintosh systems in over 6 years and I would like to set it up on a computer I am building. I will be ordering this week. Can you please tell me if I can get OSx86 on this build? Thank you!

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2133 Memory
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital WD SE 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card
Case: NZXT H440 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair RM 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

Everything but the 970. Maxwell cards aren't supported, but hopefully that will change soon.

P.S. Love me an Audi :)

Great just what I needed to know. Will the integrated graphics work? That's the Intel HD Graphics 4600, I believe. I will be doing software development, so I do not need crazy graphics at first.

Also, will I be able to do a vanilla install of Mavericks and/or Yosemite when it's released?

P.S. I love them too :p

Yea the HD graphics should be fine. Use the search function to find a build with the same motherboard and CPU. The 9 series aren't 100% supported yet and require some work arounds, but there is plenty of info on here to help you.

The only think you might consider changing is the RAM. Corsair was known to cause some issues on the Z87 Gigabyte boards. Not sure if its still an issue on Z97. Crucial is recommended in the buyers guide, but I also use G Skill and that works a treat.

Not sure what you mean by Vanilla? Only comes in one flavour as far as I know! No idea about Yosemite. Gonna have to be patient and wait till the 16th to find out :)

* Off Topic *
So what do you drive? I have an Audi A5 2.0 TFSI myself. Love it! :D

Yea the HD graphics should be fine. Use the search function to find a build with the same motherboard and CPU. The 9 series aren't 100% supported yet and require some work arounds, but there is plenty of info on here to help you.

The only think you might consider changing is the RAM. Corsair was known to cause some issues on the Z87 Gigabyte boards. Not sure if its still an issue on Z97. Crucial is recommended in the buyers guide, but I also use G Skill and that works a treat.

Not sure what you mean by Vanilla? Only comes in one flavour as far as I know! No idea about Yosemite. Gonna have to be patient and wait till the 16th to find out :)

* Off Topic *
So what do you drive? I have an Audi A5 2.0 TFSI myself. Love it! :D
The integrated graphics are not supported natively on 9 series motherboards yet a work around is needed
have a look at this thread here where I helped 500e with his similar build
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...byte-z97x-gaming-7-g1-i7-4470k-gtx-760-a.html

disregard deleting the AppleHDA part it's truely a graphics issue this is a large thread read it all

The integrated graphics are not supported natively on 9 series motherboards yet a work around is needed
have a look at this thread here where I helped 500e with his similar build
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...byte-z97x-gaming-7-g1-i7-4470k-gtx-760-a.html

disregard deleting the AppleHDA part it's truely a graphics issue this is a large thread read it all

Ah my apologies, the lack of support is a bigger issue than I thought with regards to using iGPU on the 9 series boards.

Thanks Carpentry.

Ah my apologies, the lack of support is a bigger issue than I thought with regards to using iGPU on the 9 series boards.

Thanks Carpentry.
Have a look at this thread for using integrated graphics on 9 series motherboards there is a working solution but it involves booting with safe mode -x until applied http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...phics-acceleration-9-series-motherboards.html
there is also no natively supported audio on 9 series motherboards
Have a look here for that work around
http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/134002-quick-fix-onboard-audio-9-series-motherboards.html

and btw vanilla means as close to completely native as possible following the tonymacx86 methods you get as vanilla as possible

Perfect. You guys have been a great help. According to those threads, it appears that Multibeast now supports the fix for the audio and integrated graphics! Awesome!! I'm sure I'll be able to get everything working good.

Question. Will I be able to upgrade and install updates natively like on a real mac? I know this might be hard to say for sure.

Also, I may switch my memory. The Cas latency is 11 instead of 9, but its still 2133Mhz. Not that I'll be able to tell the difference. It's also cheaper too, but I'd rather pay more. How is this set?
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 2x8GB PC3 17000 - Model F3-2133C11D-16GXL

** Off Topic**
Awesome car for sure. I drive an Audi A4 1.8t with 18 inch chrome rims that I love :p

I refer you to my Guide on the H/Z97N for information on how to install with the 9-Series Gigabyte motherboards, especially if you're going to use the HD4600 Integrated Graphics. The good news is that MultiBeast for Mavericks v6.5 now has the necessary options for the 9-series audio & graphics. :thumbup:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...ifi-using-hd4600-no-graphics-card-needed.html

The guide is almost universal now with the update of MultiBeast. Just use your motherboards appropriate audio and Ethernet drivers (kexts), and you should be good to go!

I refer you to my Guide on the H/Z97N for information on how to install with the 9-Series Gigabyte motherboards, especially if you're going to use the HD4600 Integrated Graphics. The good news is that MultiBeast for Mavericks v6.5 now has the necessary options for the 9-series audio & graphics. :thumbup:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...ifi-using-hd4600-no-graphics-card-needed.html

The guide is almost universal now with the update of MultiBeast. Just use your motherboards appropriate audio and Ethernet drivers (kexts), and you should be good to go!

Awesome! Thank you so much.

I am starting to order some parts. Early this week I bought my 970 while it was still in stock. And today I am ordering a few more. Getting excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back