Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Getting ready to pull the trigger on the following:

MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z270-HD3
CPU: i7-7700k
GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX 560 GAMING OC 4G REv2.0
SSD: Samsung 960 EVO Series - 500GB NVMe
Power: Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-650FX 650W 80+ Gold

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated?

Well

1) The MOBO is on the buying guide and micro center has great price on it
2) The CPU is fast
3) Probably most controversial, but I want to avoid the whole NVIDA drivers dance, plus I use FCP X
4) SSD: NVMe ... speed
5) Reviews / price. Also, I don't think I need more than 650W

Honestly, my goal is a fast and stable system that has supported Apple graphic drivers.

then you are good to go with these :)
consider a HDD for storage. today 500GB is nothing and if you do the video editing you would need something for storage and as well for timemachine backups so consider a 3 TB HDD
and do not forget to buy a memory :)

Well
3) Probably most controversial, but I want to avoid the whole NVIDA drivers dance, plus I use FCP X

Honestly, my goal is a fast and stable system that has supported Apple graphic drivers.

Are there some complications with NVIDIA drivers and Hackintosh builds? Anything you can expound? I'm considering an EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 as it's the most expensive my budget allows and will provide much needed power for video editing and animation.

Are there some complications with NVIDIA drivers and Hackintosh builds? Anything you can expound? I'm considering an EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 as it's the most expensive my budget allows and will provide much needed power for video editing and animation.

My main concern is that whenever there is a new OS update there is a bit of a dance that must take place with Nvidia web drivers. That said, for any sort of Adobe product that 1080 will scream. FCP X tends to do much better with AMD.

the "dance" is one action on boot then install the newest drivers. used to be much more dance with amd cards until rx560. actually my setup does not sleep because of an AMD card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back