Contribute
Register

New Brightness kext, IntelBacklight.kext

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird because the backlight controls work before sleep. Is PWM disconnected after sleep?

Sounds like the system is initializing something incorrectly (for your hardware) after wake from sleep.
You might try with "Options" set to zero (eg. kWriteLEVWOnSet set zero).

I added my F4 and F5 to breakless (since macOS goes crazy when I touch either) and remapped them to F14/F15 using custom ADB entries, and so far it hasn't happened again. Lets hope it stays that way.

Anyway, now that brightness keys work, it won't be a big problem if it happens again.

Once again, thanks RehabMan :)

Edit: Dang it.. Spoke too soon. But at least all I had to do was press F5 to get brightness back up.

Last edited:
Hello , I installed the kext using kext wizard and added to clover AddPNLF after reboot I cannot access to displays it says preferences error

Great work RehabMan working great on my Toshiba A505 S6005 with i3 330M HM55 chipset noticed the ACPIBacklight.kext method was broke when I updated from Yosemite to Sierra found this and Bahm back in the saddle again. I used my preavious dsdt patches that I had made in Yosemite and all is working fine here. Thanks again.

Great work RehabMan working great on my Toshiba A505 S6005 with i3 330M HM55 chipset noticed the ACPIBacklight.kext method was broke when I updated from Yosemite to Sierra found this and Bahm back in the saddle again. I used my preavious dsdt patches that I had made in Yosemite and all is working fine here. Thanks again.

IntelBacklight.kext + "Brightness Fix" preferred.

i was wondering if anyone has the same issue as me with 10.12.4 PB1 - with IntelBacklight - the brightness slider has no change on brightness?

hello, I have used the IntelBacklight.kext in 10.12.3, it works perfectly before sleep, but the key to change brightness and volumes will no work after waking from sleep

hello, I have used the IntelBacklight.kext in 10.12.3, it works perfectly before sleep, but the key to change brightness and volumes will no work after waking from sleep

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".
Note: Sounds like an issue with your keyboard driver, therefore off-topic here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back