Contribute
Register

New AMD Radeon Pro Desktop GPUs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good informative thread. I thought I’d had a good idea a couple of days ago in light of the continuing delay in a Mojave Nvidia web driver. I thought - a cheapish single slot, lowish power AMD card would be great if it worked out of the box. Then I could upgrade to each macOS revision without much delay, but still boot to windows for the playing of games using the higher powered 1080, or even splurge on a RTX 2080 without waiting for web drivers.

Seems it’s not as straightforward! I hope the Apple’s upcoming modular MacPro makes wider in-os GPU support more likely. Probably won’t though!!

I'm new to the community and building my first hackintosh. Wondering if anyone has had success with lower end radeon pro wx cards(2100, 3100, 4100)?

This is a budget build while paying for college and I need to be able to run windows and mac OS with workstation graphics for what I'm doing for school and I don't have the money for a 9100 or 7100. I was originally planning on using a low end nvidia quadro card but I found a great deal on a wx 4100.

I'm new to the community and building my first hackintosh. Wondering if anyone has had success with lower end radeon pro wx cards(2100, 3100, 4100)?

This is a budget build while paying for college and I need to be able to run windows and mac OS with workstation graphics for what I'm doing for school and I don't have the money for a 9100 or 7100. I was originally planning on using a low end nvidia quadro card but I found a great deal on a wx 4100.

Most of this thread looks really old and much of it likely does not apply if you run Mojave. However, RX580 has as many stream processors as the 7100 Higher max performance and is totally compatible and you can get it for roughly the same cost as the 4100. is there really a reason other then 4 DP the 4100 has instead of 3 DP and 1 HDMI the 580 has? I would guess you could get a RX 560 that has spec closer to the 4100 for around $100.00.

PS a Vega 64 is almost the same as WX 9100 but it is about a third of the cost.

http://gpuboss.com/gpus/Radeon-RX-Vega-64-vs-Radeon-Pro-WX-9100

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back