Contribute
Register

New 24" M1 iMacs come in 7 Colors / Orders starting on April 30th

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't decide wether the yellow one, is Lemon, Banana or sunflower yellow!.
It looks more like gold to me. You'll have to see one in person to decide.
I think your local Best Buy store will have them next month.

To me the more saturated gold/yellow color, on the back, looks like saffron. Pictures online can be deceiving.

Screen Shot 10.jpg

Here's what saffron looks like.

1619093237959.png

Last edited:
It looks more like gold to me. You'll have to see one in person to decide.
I think your local Best Buy store will have them next month.

I’ll report back when I get to see one in real life, I’ll match it with a Pantone #.

@pastrychef , hi!, any clues to what size screwdriver I need to remove the back of my M1 MBA?. Tip, it’s too small for my eyes to clearly make out and I don’t have an electron microscope handy!.

the single core performance on the M1 MBA rocks IMO, 1740 for me.

@trs96, how did I not know that!?, I work with Saffron!.

Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 8.15.06 AM.png

@pastrychef , hi!, any clues to what size screwdriver I need to remove the back of my M1 MBA?. Tip, it’s too small for my eyes to clearly make out and I don’t have an electron microscope handy!.

I don't know...

I don't know...
Apparently, after a quick Google, pentalobe screwdriver (P5). Doesn't seem worth it though according to the site I just visited, and that's using the better brand thermal pad. He was using 1.5mm not 2mm.

Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 8.41.33 AM.png

Last edited:
Apparently, after a quick Google, pentalobe screwdriver (P5). Doesn't seem worth it though according to the site I just visited, and that's using the better brand thermal pad.

View attachment 515901

The big advantage to the thermal pads mod is that it prevents throttling when the SoC is doing heavy workloads over a long period of time.

Short/quick benchmarks won't reflect the benefits.

Yeah. I know about the thermal pad mod. If I had a MacBook Air, I'd def do it. I can probably count the number of times I've used a laptop on my lap with the fingers on one hand.
I do agree with you but having a desktop with a mobile CPU doesn't convince me that much, even if M1 is super speedy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back