Contribute
Register

New 24" M1 iMacs come in 7 Colors / Orders starting on April 30th

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, other than the number of ports, is the new M1 iMac essentially "mechanically identical" with the new M1 iPad Pro? You know, other than the fact that one is a desktop and the other a tablet.

I like the Red one by the way.

So, other than the number of ports, is the new M1 iMac essentially "mechanically identical" with the new M1 iPad Pro? You know, other than the fact that one is a desktop and the other a tablet.
Yes, the M1 chip (SoC) is the same as what you'll be getting in the new M1 iMacs. The main differences are the iPad's built in camera, the touchscreen features, 1000 nits XDR display, 5G and the ability to throw it in a bag and take it with you anywhere. Should have a super long lasting battery too. You really get a lot for the 11 inch iPad Pro's $799 starting price. The same as what you'd pay for a 6.1 inch iPhone, you get a lot more screen that can also get a lot brighter.

Screen Shot 1.jpg

Even though you pay extra for the pencil and the case with keyboard. It's really close to being a laptop or even a desktop replacement.

Last edited:
“Apple is also promising a much-needed update to the iMac’s camera and mics so that you’ll look better on video calls. It now has a 1080p resolution and a larger sensor”.

This could be dangerous, Johnny with his pants down again! But now it’s a crystal clear image.

This could be dangerous
They should have put in a sliding cover for closing off the webcam. I'm sure someone will eventually sell some accessory that does that. Most of even the sub 40 dollar PC webcams have that feature now.

1618960585128.png

They should have put in a sliding cover for closing off the webcam. I'm sure someone will eventually sell some accessory that does that. Most of even the sub 40 dollar PC webcams have that feature now.

View attachment 515776
I think, deep down Johnny wants to be seen. Micro Center had some $4 plastic stick tab sliders for laptops. Come in white and black.

White bezels are not a thing I like, particularly on something this large.

The black bezels on an iMac would "disappear" - this is literally the opposite.

Here's the verification that 16GB is the maximum ram you can get in a new iMac 24" model. Will cost $200 extra.

Screen Shot 18.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back