Contribute
Register

New 24" M1 iMacs come in 7 Colors / Orders starting on April 30th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's another limitation no one has mentioned yet. The monitor only tilts forward and back. No other adjustments available. Kind of disappointing given what the XDR Pro display can do.

1618966728879.png

Here's another limitation no one has mentioned yet. The monitor only tilts forward and back. No other adjustments available. Kind of disappointing given what the XDR Pro display can do.

View attachment 515787

It's also really irritating that they re-designed but didn't, this time, design a way for the same unit to be VESA compatible out of the box.

(have to order the VESA one specifically from Apple)

So at the time of purchase, you have to choose VESA or not, as well as every single spec of the unit -- all of it unchangeable forever.

Really making these hard sells if you want even a modicum of flexibility in your life.

This may be due to the lighting in this lab at Apple, but to me the Silver version with white bezels just doesn't look right. No Apple logo on the chin makes it look very generic. They could have made the bezels black but then it wouldn't match the aesthetic of all the other colors. I sure hope the new 32" versions do not use this same design and color scheme.

Screen Shot 10.jpg

In my experience, a real issue with lighter/white bezels on PC monitors is that very light/almost white colors look "dirty" in comparison to the bezel.

Black edges disappear and just make everything on screen really "pop".

To me this was a big mistake by Apple.

I wonder if we will ever see boot loader hacks to enable iPad Pros to run macOS or Macs to run iOS natively.

The M1 Macs kick a lot of butt.
Yeah, I really got to get my hands on one and use for a couple weeks, I've seen some reviews where rendering video performance looked fantastic... but realistically how far out is the next model or more powerful M chip?
Also 27" monitor would've been nice...

sigh.... I really need a new mac for design/animation... this whole M1 thing is making me too nervous to build a hackintosh right now, but this M1 imac probably not going to cut it in terms of what I need/want.
What do I do!
Wait, end of year will probably bring the M1X version with graphics that may match the RX 580 you have now.

I wonder if we will ever see boot loader hacks to enable iPad Pros to run macOS or Macs to run iOS natively.

That was all I kept thinking about...

Like -- the same chip is in both now -- is Apple really never going to merge it all?

I'd LOVE an iPP with macOS on it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back