Contribute
Register

neu build p55m-ud4 and i5-750 in a G5 case

Status
Not open for further replies.
xequtor said:
yeah, will make some pix. Now have to decide Black or Silver Lina Li V351
and the BIG Shuriken is the best for my needs.
I though so ;)
But the "air tunnel" that could be produced in the "KAMA CROSS" V cross-section might be interesting :)

KAMA CROSS is too high with 132mm, in a Lian Li V351 I can fit max 120mm.
I have hard time to decide if Black or Silver Lian Li, Mac is standard silver but black looks almost better, I have silver Apple BT keyboard but black Dell Monitor :(

xequtor said:
I have hard time to decide if Black or Silver Lian Li, Mac is standard silver but black looks almost better, I have silver Apple BT keyboard but black Dell Monitor :(
So pick the gray one ;)
Seriously, except the Gold one, all look great... Even the Red could be interesting on some environments...

I'll get the silver one, I would get gray but it cost almost twice as much, silver can get for 78 EUR gray 124!

the Mugen 2 is huge! wont fit in Lian Li V351 so I'll have to cut few fins on the top maybe 1/4 to make it fit. I don't feel like sending it back and getting new one.

damn, cutting wont help, i would have to cut 1/2 of it. I may get diff alu case or use one of my old one (10 years old!)

just found nice cases http://www.3rsys.com/english/products/c ... i_slim.asp but GPU wont fit. The R330 goes for 20 EUR!!! too bad, GPU too long.

Attachments

• P1010294.jpg
    P1010294.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 160
xequtor said:
the Mugen 2 is huge! wont fit in Lian Li V351
Of course it won't !
I though you were getting the Big Shuriken instead...

xequtor said:
so I'll have to cut few fins on the top maybe 1/4 to make it fit. I don't feel like sending it back and getting new one.
I woudn't do it... You won't be able to install the fan on it...

xequtor said:
damn, cutting wont help, i would have to cut 1/2 of it. I may get diff alu case or use one of my old one (10 years old!)
:(

xequtor said:
just found nice cases http://www.3rsys.com/english/products/c ... i_slim.asp but GPU wont fit. The R330 goes for 20 EUR!!! too bad, GPU too long.
:eek: 20 € ? What is it made of ? Cardboard ??? ;)

Seriously, even if the GPU (is that a silent cell ?) would fit, you'll have issues...
As it's a SLIM case, the total height is like a PCI Board... Mugen-2 is a bit taller than that :p

Besides, I wouldn't recommend such a case, due to the highly limited airflow (Got a P4 on a similar one, and you could bake on it !)

Lnx2Mac said:
:eek: 20 € ? What is it made of ? Cardboard ??? ;)

...)

no, steel and plastic but I want aluminum!

I did not found anything better than Lian Li V351, there is new one V352 like it better but available first in one month and will cost twice as much. in V352 I may fit Mugan 2 if I remove the HDD cage and place my HDD in a 5.25" bay.

I'll do a test install maybe this weekend if I find a cheap Cooler, don't want to use Mugen 2 cuz don't know if I send it back.
Can you tel me what steps to take?
1. Assemble all parts (my last build was 5-7 years ago :) ) OK
2. iBoot + MultiBeast or GigaBeast? you have same hardware, what did you do? <---?
a.?
b.?
c.?
3. Install retail Snow <---?

Lnx2Mac said:
Can you tel me what steps to take?
Preliminary:
  • Download BIOS F9, iBoot nVidia+Multibeast, DSDT for P55M-UD4, Combo Update 10.6.3[/*:m:2so64s1v]

Hands-on:
  • ***BOOT INTO BIOS*** Update your BIOS to F9[/*:m:2so64s1v]
  • ***REBOOT INTO BIOS*** Load Optimized settings[/*:m:2so64s1v]
  • ***REBOOT INTO BIOS*** Verify your settings match the ones I posted here: viewtopic.php?p=13521#p13521[/*:m:2so64s1v]
  • Boot with iBoot, switch to retail disk, install OSX[/*:m:2so64s1v]
  • Reboot with iBoot, launch the combo Update... When it finishes, don't reboot ![/*:m:2so64s1v]
  • Launch Multibeast, select GigaBeast for P55M-UD4[/*:m:2so64s1v]
  • When it's done, copy the DSDT you downloaded to /Extra/DSDT.aml[/*:m:2so64s1v]
  • In System Settings | Energy, select all three checkboxes[/*:m:2so64s1v]
  • Reboot and start testing ![/*:m:2so64s1v]

Good Luck !
Lnx2Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back