i9-9900KF
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello fellas. I've built a customac with the following config:

Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H(Recommended by Tonymac)
Intel Core i7 3770k(in stock clock)
GTX 560Ti AMP! 1GB GDDR5
16GB RAM Gskill Sniper 1866MHZ sticks
4XSeagate Barracuda 2TB HDD in RAID 10 configuration
TP-Link WDN 4800 Wifi Card(Also recommended by Tonymac)

Mountain Lion 10.8.2

The problem is, after some time the network connection stops working at all, although it still shows as connected. I can't access any websites. The issue happens in both wired and wifi networks. If I turn off and on the wifi, it gets back for a while, but stops working again after some time. When I repair permissions and reboot everything seems to get back working, but after some system reboots it stops working again and I have either to repair permissions again or to turn off and on the wifi. This is annoying as I have to repair permissions after abous 3~4 system boots. It seems to be some kind of problem with some network config file, probably some .plist file.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Have you looked into the network drivers in Multibeast I was having problems and LnX2Mac's ethernet patch worked, worth a try.

Thanks for your reply. But that's the network drivers I'm using. And as I said, both wired and wireless networks are behaving the same strange way.

Anyone else plz?

My second guess would definitely have to be the DSDT not matching, is it a supported board with prebuilt DSDT on the site here, or is it a DSDT elsewhere. Is you board on the right bios version for that DSDT, what type of network adapter are you using, and lastly can you post some screenshots of your network preferences, that would probably help.

About this Mac-->More Info-->System Report--> network--> firewall

make sure all incoming connections are allowed, if not that may be you problem

also snoop around network section see if anything looks questionable.

My second guess would definitely have to be the DSDT not matching, is it a supported board with prebuilt DSDT on the site here, or is it a DSDT elsewhere. Is you board on the right bios version for that DSDT, what type of network adapter are you using, and lastly can you post some screenshots of your network preferences, that would probably help.

About this Mac-->More Info-->System Report--> network--> firewall

make sure all incoming connections are allowed, if not that may be you problem

also snoop around network section see if anything looks questionable.

This board is the recommended by Tonymac and doesn't need a DSDT. The firewall is disabled.

Thanks again for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back