Contribute
Register

Network load seems to cause wide system freeze on some D3H/UD3H boards - (and probably others)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no problems at all with a z68 board.
You may want to amend the title to say Z78.

I do have a TP-Link Wireless adapter in that works oob and also another PCI gigabit ethernet card, maybe that is the solution to your problems?

A $25 PCI upgrade?

I prefear cable network over wifi, which gigabit ethernet card is fully compatible with mavericks?
I've a z87 board. As in my profile.

Today 4 times. It' impossible to work, I don't understand why these times I quite never use network for heavy load only simple sporadic web surfing- So I can't understand why it freeze.Mavericks is a nightmare:beachball::banghead: I wanna try a modified bios.

Today 4 times. It' impossible to work, I don't understand why these times I quite never use network for heavy load only simple sporadic web surfing- So I can't understand why it freeze.Mavericks is a nightmare:beachball::banghead: I wanna try a modified bios.

I tried a tweak townmodified bios but it didn't fix anything. Not even sure what was modified other than the boot up logo though, because it looked perfectly the same.

PS. I never get a freeze when not running a t*****t client. So that's rather peculiar.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have all 4 memory slots occupied?
If Yes, try to remove 2 memory modules.
I had 32 GB of RAM. For first i didn't believe it would help, but after removing 2 modules my build working now for 4 days without freeze.
My board GA-Z87MX-D3H

I am having the exact same issue. Even more, while the computer is freezed, the router is also messed up (as in not passing any data to all the other devices connected to it). Once I restart the computer, the router unfreezes and everything is working just fine.

My guess is that somehow the computer manages to flood the router, probably related to the network board on Z87 / network driver.

As suggested I'll go look into the F8 beta bios.

Running i7 4770S on Z87X-UD3H

Running on 4 sticks, 8GB RAM total, the freezes are in the 1-2 a day range (and I keep it on for about 16 hours a day). It's not that bad, but still annoying.

OK It seems solved for me I'm using transmission for 3 hours in meanwhile I converted some flac ties in mp3 (320kbs High quality slow conversion) and listen musica with clementine and surfing web.
So the problem for me seems to be the intel hd tex, as I stated in this topic:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...87x-ud5h-32gb-ram-gtx-770-a-4.html#post701860
I removed these kext:
AppleIntelHD3000Graphics.kext
AppleIntelHD4000Graphics.kext
AppleIntelHD5000Graphics.kext
AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext
And l run kext utility and all now seems to go well with heavy download from t*****t. I can't watch movie from itunes store but is not a big problem for me.
Edit: now I'm running prime 95, while I'm listening music with bit perfect and downloading with bit t*****t... all seems to go well.

OK It seems solved for me I'm using transmission for 3 hours in meanwhile I converted some flac ties in mp3 (320kbs High quality slow conversion) and listen musica with clementine and surfing web.
So the problem for me seems to be the intel hd tex, as I stated in this topic:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...87x-ud5h-32gb-ram-gtx-770-a-4.html#post701860
I removed these kext:
AppleIntelHD3000Graphics.kext
AppleIntelHD4000Graphics.kext
AppleIntelHD5000Graphics.kext
AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext
And l run kext utility and all now seems to go well with heavy download from t*****t. I can't watch movie from itunes store but is not a big problem for me.
Edit: now I'm running prime 95, while I'm listening music with bit perfect and downloading with bit t*****t... all seems to go well.

Will try.

Not completely sure how would those graphics kexts have an impact on network. Worth a shot anyway I suppose.

I have this problem on my NUC DC3217BY too. Really annoying. :(
I just think it has nothing to do with network in my case because I didn't download any t*****t and the freezes happen randomly

Ok I found that the problem still exist and it seems related to youtube movie, but random. Someone can help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back