Contribute
Register

Network load seems to cause wide system freeze on some D3H/UD3H boards - (and probably others)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I want to note that since I've taken 2 sticks of ram out, I've heavily loaded the network...transferring lots of GB of files over the network, t*****ting, and even running my Plex Media Server from the hackintosh. So far so good. Not so sure it was networking in my case (even though the freezing caused some networking issues). It's been solid as a rock (and fast! SSD + gigabit transfer to another SSD = gold.)

Last edited by a moderator:
killjoy, any luck yet?

Going to 2 memory chips in slots 1 and 3 (grey slots) helped immensely for me. Been freeze-free for 1 1/2 days straight. I'm thinking it has to do with Haswell's C States for power. Updated my plist to disable C States according to TonyMac's recommendation on his golden build post recently, will throw the other 2 sticks of ram in when I get home and test it out.

Nope, same old. Gonna try disabling GenerateCStates and see if it does anything.

I just tried w/ the 4 sticks in, froze after 1hr... I didn't boot with UseKernelCache=No though! *puts ram back in and tests*

:>

Jimiticus, 4 days?!?....dayum! I'd shoot myself in the teeth. This is killing me. If we do give up on this board, we should all sell these on craigslist with hacktivated Windows and then use the cash to buy alcohol and a new 65" 3DTV...

I just tried w/ the 4 sticks in, froze after 1hr... I didn't boot with UseKernelCache=No though! *puts ram back in and tests*

:>

Jimiticus, 4 days?!?....dayum! I'd shoot myself in the teeth. This is killing me. If we do give up on this board, we should all sell these on craigslist with hacktivated Windows and then use the cash to buy alcohol and a new 65" 3DTV...

Didn't fix it for me. Froze 2 times in like 1 hour. Almost even worse, lol. Used UseKernelCache=No too. I don't think this can be fixed. I've probably tried everything you can try.

Do you think thata a modified bios could resolve our freeze problem?

Didn't fix it for me. Froze 2 times in like 1 hour. Almost even worse, lol. Used UseKernelCache=No too. I don't think this can be fixed. I've probably tried everything you can try.

Same here! Froze quick for me too.
Back to 2 Sticks of ram perhaps.... Just a bad run of boards?
incompatible memory?

bleh!

Do you think thata a modified bios could resolve our freeze problem?

I have the GA-Z87X-UD3H board that was freezing with 4 DIMMs (not 2). I was running F7, which is the current "released" BIOS. I also had some network corruption during that period of time; large DL's would sometimes show corruption (I had to re-download Mavericks, for example). After some research I installed the Beta F8k version ~ 3 weeks ago and reinstalled the 4 DIMMs and haven't had a freeze since. Ran lots of videos and VMWare Fusion instances:

$ uptime
9:08 up 15 days, 14:20, 2 users, load averages: 1.63 1.62 1.59

The TweakTown forum has these new versions (see my other posts). It resolved the issue for me, but not for some...

@killjoy:

Sorry to hear about your continued woes - hope you narrow it down...

I try with system Imac 14.2 and C state no and seems to go better... I've 4 dimms configuration (32 gb 2400 xmp )

ok It happens again few minutes ago after half an hour with transmission downloading. :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back