Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So, I recently got Netflix and learned that Yosemite and Safari 8.0 should support streaming via HTML5, without the need to install a plugin (specfically Silverlight). On my hackintosh, however, I get prompted to install Silverlight when trying to start a video.

I'm up-to-date with 10.10.1 and using HD 3000 graphics with a Z77 motherboard, so I do have the 'mixed configurations' patch applied from MultiBeast. My monitor is a Dell U2312HM, which I've tried connecting via HDMI and DisplayPort.

Anyone else managed to get Netflix HTML5 streaming working on their mackintosh?

e: Chrome manages to stream Netflix video just fine, and it's definitely using HTML5. Looking around the web, plenty of people seem to be having issues with this kind of thing who are using real Macs, so perhaps it's a bug in Safari rather than a hackintosh issue?

So, I recently got Netflix and learned that Yosemite and Safari 8.0 should support streaming via HTML5, without the need to install a plugin (specfically Silverlight). On my hackintosh, however, I get prompted to install Silverlight when trying to start a video.

I'm up-to-date with 10.10.1 and using HD 3000 graphics with a Z77 motherboard, so I do have the 'mixed configurations' patch applied from MultiBeast. My monitor is a Dell U2312HM, which I've tried connecting via HDMI and DisplayPort.

Anyone else managed to get Netflix HTML5 streaming working on their mackintosh?

e: Chrome manages to stream Netflix video just fine, and it's definitely using HTML5. Looking around the web, plenty of people seem to be having issues with this kind of thing who are using real Macs, so perhaps it's a bug in Safari rather than a hackintosh issue?

You said it yourself. Chrome is the awnser. Hardly any issues when it comes to that. Personally I see safari as the IE of OS X, so I do not use it at all and installed Chrome instead.

GL & HF

You said it yourself. Chrome is the awnser. Hardly any issues when it comes to that. Personally I see safari as the IE of OS X, so I do not use it at all and installed Chrome instead.

GL & HF
Ack, oh well. I actually quite like Safari - I didn't think I would, but it's so smooth on OS X compared to Chrome. And, in terms of features and usability, it works pretty well for me. At least it's not the end of the world to use Chrome for Netflix.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back