Motherboard
GA-Z170X-UD5
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Built my Probook 4540s this spring. Works great for everything except when I try to download video or larger images online. OSX 10.8.3. Updated to latest patches, kexts, etc. as of right before Mavericks release. Replaced the OEM wifi card with one of those recommended by rehabman. So, I'm pretty sure this isn't a hardware issue.

I can surf pretty much anywhere without too much problem until I start linking to videos or gifs or larger images. Then the browser (any brand, doesn't matter) slows down, stops downloading anything, and I need to restart wifi. Once I do, everything behaves normally until I try to download a new video, gif, whatever.

This laptop is the only device in the house with the issue. Other wifi devices work fine. So, I don't think it's an ISP or router issue either.

Any advice is appreciated.

o_O

Built my Probook 4540s this spring. Works great for everything except when I try to download video or larger images online. OSX 10.8.3. Updated to latest patches, kexts, etc. as of right before Mavericks release. Replaced the OEM wifi card with one of those recommended by rehabman. So, I'm pretty sure this isn't a hardware issue.

I can surf pretty much anywhere without too much problem until I start linking to videos or gifs or larger images. Then the browser (any brand, doesn't matter) slows down, stops downloading anything, and I need to restart wifi. Once I do, everything behaves normally until I try to download a new video, gif, whatever.

This laptop is the only device in the house with the issue. Other wifi devices work fine. So, I don't think it's an ISP or router issue either.

Any advice is appreciated.

o_O

What WiFi hardware?
What was your procedure for installing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back