Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I want to make a hackintosh for iOS development and some android and web development stuff.

I am currently planning to buy all the required hardware looking at http://www.tonymacx86.com/building-customac-buyers-guide-february-2015.html#CustoMac_Budget_ATX this guide and going worth CustoMac Budget Atx build.

The motherboard suggested there is Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H, Now my question is I want to use apple keyboard and mouse which connects over bluetooth, I have tried to look at the specification of this motherboard and did not found any on-board bluetooth. Now the option i have is to by a usb bluetooth adapter recommend here IOGear Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter. So my question is will it work smoothly?

The other opinion I need is that is it correct hardware for the type of work I am planning to do? Is this build compatible with future osx updates and like 10.11 ?

I did use IOGear Bluetooth adapter when i originally built mine but i had problem with it when waking from sleep. In the end I got fed up with it and got this and never regretted it.

As far as if your build will be compatible with newer version of OS X. No one will be able to promise it will because Apple does not divulge its plan in advance and Apple does not support OS X on non-Apple computers.

Thank you for your quick reply, is there any other cheap option (this is great though, I just want to know if there is any other option)?

I want to make a hackintosh for iOS development and some android and web development stuff.

I am currently planning to buy all the required hardware looking at http://www.tonymacx86.com/building-customac-buyers-guide-february-2015.html#CustoMac_Budget_ATX this guide and going worth CustoMac Budget Atx build.

The motherboard suggested there is Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H, Now my question is I want to use apple keyboard and mouse which connects over bluetooth, I have tried to look at the specification of this motherboard and did not found any on-board bluetooth. Now the option i have is to by a usb bluetooth adapter recommend here IOGear Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter. So my question is will it work smoothly?

The other opinion I need is that is it correct hardware for the type of work I am planning to do? Is this build compatible with future osx updates and like 10.11 ?

The Z version is overkill if you are not going to use an un-locked CPU and over clock; you could go with an H97 instead. And these motherboards should be good for several more steps in Apple's OS X.

Bluetooth dongles are hit and miss in my book. Some work well and some not so well. Anyway for example I used one on this project, see post # 25 http://www.tonymacx86.com/others/89452-neilharts-scratch-build-case-2-a-3.html This system is up 24/7 and uses the Apple keyboard and touchpad.

Good modding,
neil

neilhart Thank you for your advise, I am going for Z version as in price their is only little difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back