Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus tuf 270z mark 2
CPU
i7-7700
Graphics
GTX 1070
I recently updated my hardware and can boot into clover but cannot boot Big Sur it gets stuck at “startbs/“ what I would like to try is to change the SMBIOS to iMac Pro 1,1 however I do not know the necessary required information for areas to fill in or if it is even needed such as chassis type, etc in the SMBIOS section of clover. Any help would be appreciated

ASUS ROG Maximus xii Hero Z490
10th Generation I9 10850
64 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4
Radeon XFX 580 8GB Ram graphics card

Attachments

• AB107360-DD92-48D3-B280-FF9B8C80FC95.jpeg
    AB107360-DD92-48D3-B280-FF9B8C80FC95.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 41
  • ACEAED09-E63D-4485-9D35-3943F034CB57.jpeg
    ACEAED09-E63D-4485-9D35-3943F034CB57.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 88
I recently updated my hardware and can boot into clover but cannot boot Big Sur it gets stuck at “startbs/“ what I would like to try is to change the SMBIOS to iMac Pro 1,1 however I do not know the necessary required information for areas to fill in or if it is even needed such as chassis type, etc in the SMBIOS section of clover. Any help would be appreciated

ASUS ROG Maximus xii Hero Z490
10th Generation I9 10850
64 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4
Radeon XFX 580 8GB Ram graphics card

Hi there.

You need to check what version of Clover you are using. How did you install Big Sur? Was it installed on your old hardware before you upgraded?

A good way to find out what the necessary fields are for any given system-definition is to run either the Clover Configurator or OpenCore Configurator apps. Head to the SMBIOS section and select a definition from the Model Lookup pull-down menu. It will then auto-fill the necessary sections. You don't need to use the apps to create your config.plist if you don't want to, but they are useful for this purpose.

If you don't have another Mac to do this on, head over to our Guide for iMessage by @P1LGRIM .

:)

Thank you for your quick response I am currently running clover version 5127, Yes it was on my HDD prior to the upgraded hardware and working flawlessly I do not have another Mac accessible so I will check out that link thank you for your help I appreciate it

Thank you for your quick response I am currently running clover version 5127, Yes it was on my HDD prior to the upgraded hardware and working flawlessly I do not have another Mac accessible so I will check out that link thank you for your help I appreciate it

Okay :thumbup:

Your first screengrab shows that there might be a problem with the Memory Fix driver. As you have changed motherboards the areas of addressable memory which are reserved in macOS may also have changed. This would cause the error you see.

You might find you will need to change to OpenCore to boot the Z490 successfully. There are two guides I would recommend you check out:

They are both very big but comprehensive guides. They both use Z490 and they both use OpenCore.

Thank you I will look into these I do have O.C. 0.6.4 on usb drive and it was working as well as clover not sure how to navigate through the boot menu on O.C. Though and it is not working now either thanks again for your help and information

So I have succeeded in opening my existing hdd with Big Sur by creating a new O.C. 0.6.6 edits and complete config.plist took a couple hours but worked the first time

Btw it turns out SMBIOS should be iMac 20,2 not iMac Pro 1,1 lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back